The Student Room Group

is it harder to get a job now compared to before COVID?

title
Depends on the local area & regions of travel, type of job and pay expectations.
It is easier to get some jobs than pre-pandemic and more difficult to get other jobs.
But remaining in employment on a full time permanent contract for more than 2 years is quite difficult in many companies and industries.
Original post by londonmyst
Depends on the local area & regions of travel, type of job and pay expectations.
It is easier to get some jobs than pre-pandemic and more difficult to get other jobs.
But remaining in employment on a full time permanent contract for more than 2 years is quite difficult in many companies and industries.

*Looks at the ageing workforce in my workplace*
*Remembers most of them are basically part of the furniture*

Hmmm

Naaah, my place is probably an exception. Lots of guys who've been here since the takeover, many of whom have seen the workplace under a number of companies and have worked there since the building was built. We have a harder time keeping people around. Seems like no one new wants to work at our place. It'll be 4 years in March for me, 2 on contract in September.

But yeah, deffo agree. Lots of variables, depends on the area, job, pay, management, etc...
(edited 1 year ago)
where do u live
Original post by peteryoungy
where do u live

I live in London, Tower Hamlets.
Original post by Anon346775
I live in London, Tower Hamlets.

Call M&S Kings College Hospital. It's about 30 mins away from where you live. Call how you saw it was busy and ask if there are any jobs available.

Quick Reply

Latest