The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Computer Science 8525/2 - 27 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

AQA GCSE Computer Science 8525/2 - 27 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 27th May PM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

How everyone feeling about the exam? I know I’m starting to feel a bit stressed especially with a chemistry exam the same length before hand
What does the Advance Information mean? It says
"Where appropriate we have listed both the topic and content that will be assessed. If there is no content listed then questions may come from any of the content in that overall topic area of the specification."
- That basically means "What we've specified will definitely come up, everything else might come up", right? So we need to know everything?
Original post by VickyAngel26
What does the Advance Information mean? It says
"Where appropriate we have listed both the topic and content that will be assessed. If there is no content listed then questions may come from any of the content in that overall topic area of the specification."
- That basically means "What we've specified will definitely come up, everything else might come up", right? So we need to know everything?

Pretty much but the content they’ve said will be on there sort of allows you to focus revision a bit more. My teacher assumes that the ethics part will come up as like a 6 marker. It could be more marks but the structure is the same.
Good luck! :smile:
How are you feeling about the exam? :smile:
Original post by Mythical Pingu

It went okay but it also could have gone better.
Reply 7
Original post by Izzy-06
It went okay but it also could have gone better.

Same for me. It’s one of those exams for me where im not too sure what to think about it.
I HATED IT...I hated every moment of that disgusting exam. I was so confident with Paper 1 and thought I was doing well at GCSE's until today where computer science completely ruined it for me. Left me broken after the exam because I don't even know if I'm going to get the grade I want anymore.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mythical Pingu

i think it acc went well no lie
Hey guys, I'm taking the aqa a level computer science. Do you feel like the whole test was entirely based on the advanced info given?
Original post by Nimosteve88
Hey guys, I'm taking the aqa a level computer science. Do you feel like the whole test was entirely based on the advanced info given?

I feel like the advanced information for the gcse was accurate and definitely linked up to a question in the exam. There is a few bits of it that weren’t directly in a question but needs to be revised to help answer the question around that topic if that makes sense. Our advanced information said for one of the things to explain what… and then describe why…. And it was the describe statement that was relevant but knowing what it was would definitely help. I might of just made that even more confusing but I hope it goes well for you!!! I’m going to be starting the OCR A level course next year.
Original post by Izzy-06
I feel like the advanced information for the gcse was accurate and definitely linked up to a question in the exam. There is a few bits of it that weren’t directly in a question but needs to be revised to help answer the question around that topic if that makes sense. Our advanced information said for one of the things to explain what… and then describe why…. And it was the describe statement that was relevant but knowing what it was would definitely help. I might of just made that even more confusing but I hope it goes well for you!!! I’m going to be starting the OCR A level course next year.

Thank you, really appreciate the reply. Best of luck in your remaining exams!
that was a really nice test, very slightly harder than paper 1 but still easy
Original post by GradeOneStudent
that was a really nice test, very slightly harder than paper 1 but still easy

I really thought the SQL would be harder to be honest but it was a gift of a question imo
Original post by Nimosteve88
Thank you, really appreciate the reply. Best of luck in your remaining exams!

It’s okay and thank you. I hope you get the grades you want in these exams!!
Reply 16
The sql question was one of the better ones.
Original post by keatz
The sql question was one of the better ones.

Yeah seeing as some of them were just identify the primary or foreign key it was an easier question.
i failed computing - i got 50% on paper 2 which was good for me but i only got 19% on paper 1 so i know i wont pass it
Reply 19
Original post by Supremolga
i failed computing - i got 50% on paper 2 which was good for me but i only got 19% on paper 1 so i know i wont pass it

How do you know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending