The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Religious Studies A Paper 2 8062/2B - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

AQA GCSE Religious Studies A Paper 2 8062/2B - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 26th May PM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

How did the exam go? Congratulations for finishing it :smile:

MP

Spoiler

Original post by Mythical Pingu
How did the exam go? Congratulations for finishing it :smile:

MP

Spoiler

It actually went alright. Although the 12 marker on religion and life section (can't remember the question) I forgot to write about abortion and euthanasia :frown: I only realised when I was checking it and it was too late to add anything else. I just wrote about how murder is wrong and it's a crime etc. But other than that it went pretty well!
Reply 3
you were supposed to write about abortion and euthanasia ? lol
Original post by Libbyie

Yeah- the topic was religion and life and a good majority of it is on abortion and euthanasia so... ye
the 12 markers were so ****, i did the last 12 marker in 3 minutes- i literally pledged to section my time as well..

was the crime question contrasting religious beliefs/ any two beliefs or similar beliefs?
It went great I’m excited to see what grade I got
Original post by _Robyn_
It actually went alright. Although the 12 marker on religion and life section (can't remember the question) I forgot to write about abortion and euthanasia :frown: I only realised when I was checking it and it was too late to add anything else. I just wrote about how murder is wrong and it's a crime etc. But other than that it went pretty well!

the one about how valuing and protecting human life sends you to heaven? or something along those lines
Reply 8
Yes, I was confused at that because it was such a vague question "valuing and protecting human life" so I did a bit on helping others etc. and then remembered that theme b was about abortion/euthanasia and they hadn't asked a question on that. Should have been much, much clearer.

Original post by _Robyn_
Yeah- the topic was religion and life and a good majority of it is on abortion and euthanasia so... ye
Original post by Libbyie

if you didn't it's not the end of the world- the mark scheme clearly says to accept and credit any others points not referenced in the mark scheme :smile: try not to worry about it!
Reply 10
What themes did everyone do? I did themes b, c, d, e. The 12 markers for most of them were a bit awful. And for theme c, they asked us to give two similar beliefs about miracles between Christianity and atheism. How on Earth can they be similar!?
Original post by Mulefa
What themes did everyone do? I did themes b, c, d, e. The 12 markers for most of them were a bit awful. And for theme c, they asked us to give two similar beliefs about miracles between Christianity and atheism. How on Earth can they be similar!?

a,b,d,e
what a strange paper- there was one about two reasons about awe and wonder????? aqa???
Reply 12
Original post by dahlia06
a,b,d,e
what a strange paper- there was one about two reasons about awe and wonder????? aqa???

Yes! I think I said something about because God created it and then nature is beautiful but that was a mean question.

Anyone know why they have to make the layout of the papers so confusing? They went from beautifully designed answer booklets for paper 1 with clear spaces to write answers with questions above them and helpful boxes to tick for the 1 markers - and then just gave us a shoddy answer booklet for paper 2 with small line spaces. Couldn't they make them the same?
the question was talking more about the ‘afterlife’ which is also major within religion and life’ and it didn’t specify abortion or euthanasia i think the question was vague to allow for more than one interpretation tho so im not sure
What a rollercoaster of the paper. I did Theme B, C, E and F and seems like AQA really wanted to catch us out today?!!
Original post by Mulefa
Yes! I think I said something about because God created it and then nature is beautiful but that was a mean question.

Anyone know why they have to make the layout of the papers so confusing? They went from beautifully designed answer booklets for paper 1 with clear spaces to write answers with questions above them and helpful boxes to tick for the 1 markers - and then just gave us a shoddy answer booklet for paper 2 with small line spaces. Couldn't they make them the same?

Literally!!!! I know it would have been a huge booklet but I would have preffered that. Also I don't do my questions in order as I do all of the 12 markers first so I'm a bit worried about that part and I feel like there's so much potential for things to go wrong and for there to be mistakes. Does anyone know if the entire paper gets marked by an examiner or do they split the questions up like in english language???
Original post by dahlia06
a,b,d,e

istg bro, what is AQA smoking to be in so much awe and wonder
Original post by banana8224

yh they're gon be in awe and wonder of seeing 'love thy neighbour' on every 5 and 12 marker
then again, can't blame them with those 12 markers
Original post by banana8224

fr fr i need whatever they have
Original post by daliaachloe
the question was talking more about the ‘afterlife’ which is also major within religion and life’ and it didn’t specify abortion or euthanasia i think the question was vague to allow for more than one interpretation tho so im not sure

thats what i talked about but yeah the question itself was rather vague however perhaps that was the point? it gave people the chance to talk about a topic within religion of life that theyre better at (afterlife/euthanasia/abortion etc etc) but still i think the vagueness still confused people lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending