The Student Room Group

Geography 20 marker

My geography teacher got sent some photos of some questions that appeared on the AS physical paper and the 20 marker for hazards has got me thinking a bit.

The question is 'Earthquakes have a greater impact on the human characteristics of place than the physical characteristics of place.' With reference to a recent seismic event you have studied, how far do you agree with the statement above?

I know they won't use the same question but it got me wondering whether they could set a question relating to a human topic. I'm going to try and plan an answer to this just in case they may link topics. Thought this may be helpful
what exam board are you??
Original post by c_hindle1204
what exam board are you??

Probably not Edexcel because I have never seen anything worded like that :0
(edited 1 year ago)
I was thinking that! I can see the Edexcel 12 marker on tectonics being heavily focused around hazard adaptation and mitigation with the question focusing on modifying the loss, vulnerability or event!
Original post by Bobita600
Probably not Edexcel because I have never seen anything worded like that :0
I was thinking that! I can see the Edexcel 12 marker on tectonics being heavily focused around hazard adaptation and mitigation with the question focusing on modifying the loss, vulnerability or event!

Yesss that’s what our teacher has said!!

Btwww - is the Edexcel paper 1 geography thread working for you? I can’t see past page 6, it tells me the link is invalid..
Hmmm
Original post by Bobita600
Btwww - is the Edexcel paper 1 geography thread working for you? I can’t see past page 6, it tells me the link is invalid..
Hmmm

yup it's says the same thing for me
Original post by Fireyfox123
yup it's says the same thing for me

Hmmm that’s so strange because I’m still getting emails about people sending messages on there :000
I was thinking the same thing, has anyone got any other predictions? I think the coasts 20 might be on consequences of either flooding or erosion but not too sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending