The Student Room Group

Pass 2 A Levels Fail 1?

Bit of a shot in the dark here but I'll give it a go.
I am very confident in 2 of my A Levels, feeling A* in one A maybe a B in the the second.
My third however I am very certain I have a U for.
I haven't done all of my papers yet, but I feel as if I can predict the outcome.
I have an unconditional offer for uni, and the third subject has no effect on my life whatsoever, and I don't quite know why I took this subject but I feel so hopeless you know?

What happens if I fail one A Level and pass 2?
If your offer is unconditional, nothing happens. The only time it will be an issue is if you want to go into a job where your A levels are looked at even if you have a degree.
Original post by skylark2
If your offer is unconditional, nothing happens. The only time it will be an issue is if you want to go into a job where your A levels are looked at even if you have a degree.

if im don a level law and get a B or maybe even an A, C or maybe even a B in cefs libf financial studies, but fail my business btech level 3 national extended certificate. Is there still a chance i can get into a university?
Original post by zik04._
if im don a level law and get a B or maybe even an A, C or maybe even a B in cefs libf financial studies, but fail my business btech level 3 national extended certificate. Is there still a chance i can get into a university?

A university? Sure.

A highly selective, "prestigious" university, for a popular course? No.
A university? Sure.

A highly selective, "prestigious" university, for a popular course? No.

was thinking just brunel or something even similiar, even bedfordshire as long as i get accepted with a B/A,C/B and fail in btech business
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by zik04._
was thinking just brunel or something even similiar, even bedfordshire as long as i get accepted with a B/A,C/B and fail in btech business

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/worklife/campus/a9624782/easiest-universities-get-into-uk/

Even an A and a B is fewer points than any of those, and a B and a C is a lot lower, but they're average requirements (i.e. most of them will have some courses with lower requirements).

You're nowhere near the requirements for "Brunel or similar" since Brunel doesn't make that list at all.
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/worklife/campus/a9624782/easiest-universities-get-into-uk/

Even an A and a B is fewer points than any of those, and a B and a C is a lot lower, but they're average requirements (i.e. most of them will have some courses with lower requirements).

You're nowhere near the requirements for "Brunel or similar" since Brunel doesn't make that list at all.

so i luckily spoke to my teacher and i think ill be able to achieve a merit in business, B or A in law and a C or B in brunel, Merit is equal to a C in UCAS boints, so is a BCC enough for brunel? or if im lucky maybe even BBC, or ABC. They gave me a conditional for distinction, B and C (ABC in ucas points) i cant get the distinction (A equivalent in business which is the course i chose though)
Original post by zik04._
so i luckily spoke to my teacher and i think ill be able to achieve a merit in business, B or A in law and a C or B in brunel, Merit is equal to a C in UCAS boints, so is a BCC enough for brunel? or if im lucky maybe even BBC, or ABC. They gave me a conditional for distinction, B and C (ABC in ucas points) i cant get the distinction (A equivalent in business which is the course i chose though)

You need to check the requirements on the Brunel website, including whether they accept your business course in place of an A level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending