The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Physics Exploring physics H556/02 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the OCR A Level Physics Exploring physics exam go for you?

OCR A Level Physics Exploring physics H556/02 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 10th June PM
Length: 2h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

not excited. the advanced info barely helped
Original post by Jesijeso
not excited. the advanced info barely helped

did the topics they say would come as the most amount of marks come up?
Original post by muffin1822
did the topics they say would come as the most amount of marks come up?

I thought advanced info helped. Everything they said would come up did, but the questions were definitely harsh.
Original post by TirednessInc
I thought advanced info helped. Everything they said would come up did, but the questions were definitely harsh.

Okay, thanks so much. Good luck for the rest of your exams!
Original post by muffin1822
Okay, thanks so much. Good luck for the rest of your exams!

Thank you ! You too x
beacuse of the Advanced info being a bit loose does anyone reckon there will be a section b question on electricity
Reply 7
What practicals do you guys think will come up?For Quantum I imagine it will be determining Planck's constant, but what about electromagnetism? Perhaps transformers, something about Hall probes (they seem to keep coming up despite them not being mentioned anywhere in books or the spec i think and i still don't understand the experiments with them), or what else?
Paper one was really synoptic, court me of guard
I feel both excited and anxious about this paper. Hopefully there's not too many marks on Electromagnetism
Are you guys revising electricity? I don’t have enough time to do question on electricity so, I will just go through flashcards.
Original post by Fatymahh
Are you guys revising electricity? I don’t have enough time to do question on electricity so, I will just go through flashcards.

A part of will most likely come under capacitors so I would recommend just going over it.
Original post by Marejois_99
I feel both excited and anxious about this paper. Hopefully there's not too many marks on Electromagnetism

for an exam??... :tongue:

im nervous but looking forward to get this exam over and done with!
Woowoowoo good luck for tomorrow everyone! We got this!!!! I am slowly descending into insanity but at least I know how PET scanning works!!!
Have you guys revised electricity? I am scared that it will come up. Should I just go over my flashcards because I don't have time to do past paper questions on it?
Original post by batoolfatymah
Have you guys revised electricity? I am scared that it will come up. Should I just go over my flashcards because I don't have time to do past paper questions on it?

Electricity is one of the easier topics and it's not on the advanced info, so I skimmed over it very briefly.
Hello, please can someone give a brief summary of when to use Flemings left hand rule and when to use the right? I’m confused :s-smilie:
flemmings right hand rule you dont really need to know because all you need is a thorough understanding of lenzs law. the left hand rule is used for motors.thumb- motion first finger- field second finger- current
Is anyone else feeling super scared for this, biology was yesterday and i mainly revised that and i feel like i havent done enough revision at all
Yep... had an exam yesterday and maths on Tuesday so haven't revised enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending