The Student Room Group

Pet reccomendations

My family is allergic to cats but i am looking into getting a pet do any of you have any recommendations
crocodile:yy:
hey I've moved your thread to a more relevant section (from "chat" to "animals and pets") :smile:
Some of my friends have dogs, hamsters, rabbits, and hedgehogs.
Original post by Falafala
Some of my friends have dogs, hamsters, rabbits, and hedgehogs.

hedgehogs can be pets!!!
Original post by ////////////
hedgehogs can be pets!!!

like this one
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Hypoallergenic dog breeds such as Yorkshire terriers and poodles. They've got hair instead of fur. Apart from that you'd have to look at reptiles or furless pets
a hamster
Original post by DTON
Hypoallergenic dog breeds such as Yorkshire terriers and poodles. They've got hair instead of fur. Apart from that you'd have to look at reptiles or furless pets

Unfortunately the idea of a hypoallergenic dog isn’t actually a real thing but you’re more likely to be allergic to cats Vs dogs so their is a chance that just because they’re allergic to cats doesn’t mean they’re allergic to dogs
My family is allergic to cats but i am looking into getting a pet do any of you have any recommendations

Dog or a rabbit
Rottweiler Puppy.
hi

i most certainly will not !
i most certainly will not !

I'd recommend getting a rescue if you can, maybe a dog. You'll feel great for doing it. Most people are inclined to go for kittens/puppies, but older animals need a loving home too. Definitely visit your local rescue shelters if you can and avoid buying from pet shops, which in many cases, do not comply with health regulations for animals and keep them in enclosures that are too small. This is especially the case with animals like hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc.
Original post by Meduse
I'd recommend getting a rescue if you can, maybe a dog. You'll feel great for doing it. Most people are inclined to go for kittens/puppies, but older animals need a loving home too. Definitely visit your local rescue shelters if you can and avoid buying from pet shops, which in many cases, do not comply with health regulations for animals and keep them in enclosures that are too small. This is especially the case with animals like hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc.

I heard tortoises also make good pets as well!
(edited 1 year ago)
I heard tortoises also make good pets as well!

It's true, but you need to understand the longevity of their lifespan. Before buying any pet, please ensure you do research on what it needs to be properly cared for. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest