The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Geography Paper 2 7037/2 - 8 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Geography Paper 2 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Geography Paper 2 7037/2 - 8 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 8th June PM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

ahha basically need to get full marks on this for a decent grade now lmaoo
Original post by not.a.tree
ahha basically need to get full marks on this for a decent grade now lmaoo

same I need an A* in geo and paper 1 20 and 9 markers were a struggle...
Does anyone have any good notes/advice/case studies for CHANGING PLACES because my teacher just hasn't really taught it to us....
For changing places, I have Stratford as a far place as this is really good to talk about. It was regenerated just for the London olympics and there is lots of information online about it. It seems like a nice one to do I guess :smile:
Does anyone have any notes for Changing Places- MARGATE????????????? PLEASE
Original post by sophie365h
Does anyone have any good notes/advice/case studies for CHANGING PLACES because my teacher just hasn't really taught it to us....

my school uses Detroit for our far place. It's a really good case study and theres lots to write about. majority of our work was based off this document:
https://www.ibgeographypods.org/uploads/7/6/2/2/7622863/detroit_usa_-_traditional_industry_decline.pdf
Original post by sophie365h

we use stratford as a near place and detroit as a far place, apart from that honestly there’s not really much else in the chapter tbh
i'm so glad physical is out of the way now (although i do think it went alright) bc i love human way more. gonna bang out some p&e revision though over half term bc we just finished it and i feel like i don't know it that well, but after that i have a good feeling about it...
Predictions for 20 markers? x
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by not.a.tree
my school uses Detroit for our far place. It's a really good case study and theres lots to write about. majority of our work was based off this document:
https://www.ibgeographypods.org/uploads/7/6/2/2/7622863/detroit_usa_-_traditional_industry_decline.pdf

Thank you so much!!
Hi, I've been going through the global systems and governance topic and the advanced information. Just wondering whether anyone knows if we need to know about trade blocs because we need to know about trends and pattern of trade and the basic information. However, the trading relationships have been taken out of the advanced information so I think trade blocs have also been removed but my teacher said we need to know them. This is for AQA A Level.

Also just noticed that we have to know about TNCs but not a specific example, just wondering if anyone else is going to revise a TNC example or maybe just know a few facts just in case.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ecrick03
Hi, I've been going through the global systems and governance topic and the advanced information. Just wondering whether anyone knows if we need to know about trade blocs because we need to know about trends and pattern of trade and the basic information. However, the trading relationships have been taken out of the advanced information so I think trade blocs have also been removed but my teacher said we need to know them. This is for AQA A Level. Thanks

I'd learn a couple as they would make good mini examples, make sure u learn a specific fact abt them as well
Thank you that's a good idea
Original post by chiefkeeff
I'd learn a couple as they would make good mini examples, make sure u learn a specific fact abt them as well
does anyone have/know any notes for global systems topic? my teacher didnt teach it well at all and im so confused by it :/
(edited 1 year ago)
Does anyone have any notes on the globalisation critique because we never got taught it in class? thanks
Does anyone have any notes on the globalisation critique because we never got taught it in class? thanks

We didn't cover this either until a revision session a few days ago. We looked at the pros and cons of the united nations.

pros - punishment of countries who fail to abide by international law (promotes peace/security), developed millennium development goals and sustainable development goals (promotes stability/growth), declaration of human rights and ICJ punishes those who commit crimes against humanity, worked to eradicate disease and its spread (eradicated smallpox in 1979 and nearly eradicated polio)

cons - criticized for not preventing the 1971 bangladesh genocide, criticised for peacekeeping being inactive in DR of Congo, in 2013 saudi arabia was elected as a member of the human rights council (lots of human rights violations and was influenced by a UK trade deal, shows lack of UN power), inequalities through bias (such as against israel)

Whilst they're pretty basic notes to have that's all we have been taught so im not really sure what could come up. We did also get told about the different types of viewpoints of globalisation:

Hyperglobalists - believe in single global market, consumerism, cultural homogenity
Sceptics - question if globalisation is anything new, believe labour is immobile, trade blocs promote regionalism
Transformationallists - mix of the above
Thank you this is really helpful

Original post by DanS_2302
We didn't cover this either until a revision session a few days ago. We looked at the pros and cons of the united nations.

pros - punishment of countries who fail to abide by international law (promotes peace/security), developed millennium development goals and sustainable development goals (promotes stability/growth), declaration of human rights and ICJ punishes those who commit crimes against humanity, worked to eradicate disease and its spread (eradicated smallpox in 1979 and nearly eradicated polio)

cons - criticized for not preventing the 1971 bangladesh genocide, criticised for peacekeeping being inactive in DR of Congo, in 2013 saudi arabia was elected as a member of the human rights council (lots of human rights violations and was influenced by a UK trade deal, shows lack of UN power), inequalities through bias (such as against israel)

Whilst they're pretty basic notes to have that's all we have been taught so im not really sure what could come up. We did also get told about the different types of viewpoints of globalisation:

Hyperglobalists - believe in single global market, consumerism, cultural homogenity
Sceptics - question if globalisation is anything new, believe labour is immobile, trade blocs promote regionalism
Original post by DanS_2302

there's also a lot more critique of globalisation in general eg. pros/cons of TNCs, pros/cons of trading blocs in general, pros/cons of increased global governance etc etc. i don't have my sheet on me right now, but essentially just think of impacts of globalisation, and what the positive and negatives are of each (also we split them up between social/political/environmental/economic pros and cons but not sure if that's necessary)

that's also probably why you never got taught it in class, like when we did TNCs etc at the time we looked at positives and negatives which is essentially just the critique
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dreweloise
there's also a lot more critique of globalisation in general eg. pros/cons of TNCs, pros/cons of trading blocs in general, pros/cons of increased global governance etc etc. i don't have my sheet on me right now, but essentially just think of impacts of globalisation, and what the positive and negatives are of each (also we split them up between social/political/environmental/economic pros and cons but not sure if that's necessary)

that's also probably why you never got taught it in class, like when we did TNCs etc at the time we looked at positives and negatives which is essentially just the critique

Yeah thats true, now you say that I seem to recall my teacher saying that we've evaluation pros/cons of each aspect already but these are some more specific things. Globalisation critique seems to me like it's really just your evaluation marks in a 20 marker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending