The Student Room Group

GCSE English lit aqa

Would I be marked down for incorrect subject terminology?
Original post by do de die egg

yes probably, it gives off the impression that you don't know what you're talking about and effectively means that the point you're making is incorrect. Make sure you learn terminology, and if you're unsure about it, pick a different point that you're more sure about. An easy point to make in english that doesn't need terminology is talking about stage directions, structure or narrative depending on what text you're studying. Hope this helps!
Original post by Sophie47
yes probably, it gives off the impression that you don't know what you're talking about and effectively means that the point you're making is incorrect. Make sure you learn terminology, and if you're unsure about it, pick a different point that you're more sure about. An easy point to make in english that doesn't need terminology is talking about stage directions, structure or narrative depending on what text you're studying. Hope this helps!

Thanks but I only did incorrect terminology twice (I wrote internal rhyme instead of slant rhyme and blank verse instead of free verse) so would that still severely reduce my marks?
Thanks but I only did incorrect terminology twice (I wrote internal rhyme instead of slant rhyme and blank verse instead of free verse) so would that still severely reduce my marks?

if it's only twice then it shouldn't mark it down significantly maybe just a mark or two. It's graded for the overall essay so if the rest of it is ok then it shouldn't be too much of a problem

Most markers use ‘positive marking’ which means they ignore anything that could be wrong or don’t mark down for it. At most you’ll lose 1 mark but I wouldn’t stress about it. Try and put your past exams behind you :smile: .
Original post by Cheesecake04
Most markers use ‘positive marking’ which means they ignore anything that could be wrong or don’t mark down for it. At most you’ll lose 1 mark but I wouldn’t stress about it. Try and put your past exams behind you :smile: .

Thanks 😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending