The Student Room Group

firm choice help pharmacy

basically i have two unis i want to go to
UEA their offer is: ABB
Kingston their offer is: BBB

but idk if i want to move all the away to east anglia but uea is rlly nice for pharmacy im only swaying to kingston bc its in london
but it wont even make sense to put kingston as my firm if.. uea's offer is a grade higher
but in all honesty it doesnt matter which uni u go to for pharmacy so idk wtf to do 💀
and lets say i firm kingston, what happens to my insurance?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
so many buts lmaooo
Reply 2
It doesn't make a difference where you go to for the majority of healthcare courses which are accredited by a governing body, which from my memory is GPhC for pharmacists.

Choose whatever is most convinient for you, it'll make your life easier for the next 4 years and no difference in the future.

Regarding your last question, if you firm a lower grades required uni, then it's impossible to get your insurance lol. The only way is if you call them on results day and try to change (which is a headache, and probably unlikely)
(edited 1 year ago)
If these are your only offers, then having Kingston as you Firm and UEA as your Insurance isnt as mad as it sounds.
Kingston is likely to be mpre competitive than UEA simply because its nearer London - ie, they may not need to use 'near miss' applicants to fill the course in the wayUEA may need to. This means that if if you did miss the Kingston offer and they rejected you there is still a chance that UEA would still take you. There are no guarentees in this - because no-one knows how the A level grades will turn out this year, but its worth thinking about.

And, you may have done far better in your exams than you assume.
Beng worried at this stage is totally normal - but try to make the UCAS decision and then get on with revision etc,
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
If these are your only offers, then having Kingston as you Firm and UEA as your Insurance isnt as mad as it sounds.
Kingston is likely to be mpre competitive than UEA simply because its nearer London - ie, they may not need to use 'near miss' applicants to fill the course in the wayUEA may need to. This means that if if you did miss the Kingston offer and they rejected you there is still a chance that UEA would still take you. There are no guarentees in this - because no-one knows how the A level grades will turn out this year, but its worth thinking about.

And, you may have done far better in your exams than you assume.
Beng worried at this stage is totally normal - but try to make the UCAS decision and then get on with revision etc,

ohh rightt
i have an offer from herts for ABB too but it'll be the same situation for UEA and anyways im not keen on going there..
but thank you for your reply
Reply 5
Original post by Nuttyy
It doesn't make a difference where you go to for the majority of healthcare courses which are accredited by a governing body, which from my memory is GPhC for pharmacists.

Choose whatever is most convinient for you, it'll make your life easier for the next 4 years and no difference in the future.

Regarding your last question, if you firm a lower grades required uni, then it's impossible to get your insurance lol. The only way is if you call them on results day and try to change (which is a headache, and probably unlikely)

so it really doesnt matter what my insurance is if i firm kingston then,
but lets say i reject UEA and the offer herts gave me which is the same ABB does that mean i go through some process or smth? tbh im not bothered to go through interviews again.. ugh i hate this lmao
Reply 6
Original post by 5_ooo
so it really doesnt matter what my insurance is if i firm kingston then,
but lets say i reject UEA and the offer herts gave me which is the same ABB does that mean i go through some process or smth? tbh im not bothered to go through interviews again.. ugh i hate this lmao

If you reject UEA after firming them and getting the grades, there's no guarantee of getting your insurance.
Original post by 5_ooo
basically i have two unis i want to go to
UEA their offer is: ABB
Kingston their offer is: BBB

but idk if i want to move all the away to east anglia but uea is rlly nice for pharmacy im only swaying to kingston bc its in london
but it wont even make sense to put kingston as my firm if.. uea's offer is a grade higher
but in all honesty it doesnt matter which uni u go to for pharmacy so idk wtf to do 💀
and lets say i firm kingston, what happens to my insurance?

Hey @5_ooo! :h:

Firstly, congratulations on all of your offers for Pharmacy, that is amazing and you should be so proud of yourself! I completely empathise with how difficult it must be to come to a decision when you take all of the considerations of courses/locations etc into account. Have you visited our campus/Norwich before, out of interest? If you have any questions/queries about UEA or being a student in Norwich at all then please do feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to help! I hope that wherever you end up studying, you have the most amazing time. Have a lovely summer :h:

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending