The Student Room Group

Paper 2 psychology edexcel 2022

Are you guys just revising everything from advance info for paper 2 including the research methods for yr 2 considering that everything from advance came in paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i3ps
Are you guys just revising everything from advance info for paper 2 including the research methods for yr 2 considering that everything from advance came in paper 1

i literally dont udnerstand how sz and depression isnt coming up. I also read somewhere they can give you the key question for 20 marks?? so i hope thats not true. 16 marker could be evalaute rosenhan which would be fine and then there will definitely be an 8 marker and scenario questions for classification systems and 4ds. i think the rest will just be research methods but yeah im really strugling with what the revise
Reply 2
Original post by turquoisecandy21
i literally dont udnerstand how sz and depression isnt coming up. I also read somewhere they can give you the key question for 20 marks?? so i hope thats not true. 16 marker could be evalaute rosenhan which would be fine and then there will definitely be an 8 marker and scenario questions for classification systems and 4ds. i think the rest will just be research methods but yeah im really strugling with what the revise

Yh it's confusing because you never know they can ask a sneaky depression or schizophrenia 2m such as describe on of the symptoms. Most people I asked are focusing mostly on advance information then revising the rest briefly.
I think it's highly likely that they will just stick to advance info like they did for paper 1, but its not 100% definite. There's two 8 markers for clinical and a 20 marker for clinical then one 8 marker and one 16 marker on the other section you have done. There are four things on the advance info for clinical and 3 long answer questions in the paper for clinical section, so I'm thinking 20 marker will be the key question or Rosenhan? . But Ofqual and exam boards have stated the same question will not come up again in another paper, so for example I've looked through past papers and worked this out:
previously evaluate Rosenhan has come up as 8 marker, so if it comes up again as an 8 marker its likely to be specific such as evaluate Rosenhan in terms of validity and reliability for example.
previously evaluate the validity of classification systems, so if it comes up again it could be more general or could specify reliability maybe?
previously 4d's have NOT come up as an 8 marker so could be one.
previously Rosenhan I don't think has come up as 20 marker so could be?
previously key question for clinical has NOT come up as either 8 marker or 20 marker - but with that being said its a good question for a 20 marker because it involves A01 A02 and A03.
in terms of research methods (as this isn't stated on the advance info so could always come up as a longer answer question), clinical interviews has come up as an 8 marker so maybe clinical case studies is a possibility for an 8 marker?

The paper is out of 90 marks, clinical is worth 54 marks (made up of 36 marks worth of longer answer questions and then 18 marks worth of other questions) in a previous paper the whole of the shorter answer qs has been made up of entirely research methods so it is possible that the paper could be composed of just advance info and research methods. But its still definitely a good idea to have a look briefly at the other non listed parts too. The other section e.g. child or criminological, is worth 36 marks (made up of 24 marks of longer answer questions and then 12 marks worth of other short answer questions). Even if you did just revise just the advance info which know will be longer answer or high proportion of marks, you could still get a very good grade.
I hope some of this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by coolpenguin27
I think it's highly likely that they will just stick to advance info like they did for paper 1, but its not 100% definite. There's two 8 markers for clinical and a 20 marker for clinical then one 8 marker and one 16 marker on the other section you have done. There are four things on the advance info for clinical and 3 long answer questions in the paper for clinical section, so I'm thinking 20 marker will be the key question or Rosenhan? . But Ofqual and exam boards have stated the same question will not come up again in another paper, so for example I've looked through past papers and worked this out:
previously evaluate Rosenhan has come up as 8 marker, so if it comes up again as an 8 marker its likely to be specific such as evaluate Rosenhan in terms of validity and reliability for example.
previously evaluate the validity of classification systems, so if it comes up again it could be more general or could specify reliability maybe?
previously key question for clinical has NOT come up as either 8 marker or 20 marker - but with that being said its a good question for a 20 marker because it involves A01 A02 and A03.
in terms of research methods (as this isn't stated on the advance info so could always come up as a longer answer question), clinical interviews has come up as an 8 marker so maybe clinical case studies is a possibility for an 8 marker?

The paper is out of 90 marks, clinical is worth 54 marks (made up of 36 marks worth of longer answer questions and then 18 marks worth of other questions) in a previous paper the whole of the shorter answer qs has been made up of entirely research methods so it is possible that the paper could be composed of just advance info and research methods. But its still definitely a good idea to have a look briefly at the other non listed parts too. The other section e.g. child or criminological, is worth 36 marks (made up of 24 marks of longer answer questions and then 12 marks worth of other short answer questions). Even if you did just revise just the advance info which know will be longer answer or high proportion of marks, you could still get a very good grade.

Yes thank you, I feel like 20m might be clinical key question because we need to know about schizophrenia and depression for it if your key question is what are the issues surrounding mental health in the work place
Original post by i3ps
Yes thank you, I feel like 20m might be clinical key question because we need to know about schizophrenia and depression for it if your key question is what are the issues surrounding mental health in the work place

can someone quickly explain laverenne to me please
Original post by i3ps
i

ive only learnt enough for 12 marks max what other ppints are you putting

God bless you, LMAO this is actually so helpful. I wish you the best, hope you get better than the grade you want!

yeah me too, atm im just going through diagnosis and classification systems in depth and then gonna plan out a long answer Q on the key question, then if i have time i will briefly read through schizophrenia and other disorder (ocd for me). i trust the advance info quite a lot bc of how accurate it was for p1
Reply 9
image-201d48a7-5f06-4ee3-8f53-64e211a75bcc4934982151763604331-compressed.jpg.jpeg

thank u so much!! do you reckon it could come up?? or do you just use this as evidence for case studies?
Original post by xxFelicitous
God bless you, LMAO this is actually so helpful. I wish you the best, hope you get better than the grade you want!

theres never been a 20 marker on factors infleuencing EWT so maybe we will get a senario q based on it if we lucky for anyone doing criminological
Reply 12
it won't come up as a question but if there was a 8m or 16m about case studies u can definitely use it. give a advantage about case study and back it up with this study

this makes so much sense thankss , are you doing criminal if so what do you think about the questions
theres never been a 20 marker on factors infleuencing EWT so maybe we will get a senario q based on it if we lucky for anyone doing criminological

so the 20 marker will only be on clinical but there will be a 16 marker in criminal so its definitely likely that they do a 16 marker on factors influencing EWT
yes I am doing criminal. Im just learning the advanced info and research methods and hoping for the best. I think they could possibly ask something about gender and criminality? but its so hard to guess
Original post by 17177171Ammmmm
this makes so much sense thankss , are you doing criminal if so what do you think about the questions
Reply 16
never learned anything about gender in depth just know that there's no different in men and women in terms of amygdala structure and function. I highly doubt they would ask this question because then we may need to know studies not in the advance info
not really because they could ask about gender in terms of explanation of crime. so for example with brain injury as biological explanation you could say prefrontal cortex develops later in males, that anyone can get brain injury but males more likely to due to stereotypical views of males being more risk taking. then you could talk about XYY syndrome being specifically to males. You could talk about personality not being gender specific, but females said to be more neurotic. Then in terms of social explanations draw in about males more likely to be labelled trouble makers due to gender stereotypes. Then mention social learning theory and how statistically there's a higher rate of male crimes, so more male criminal role models then draw in on Banduras research so it was found boys more imitative than girls especially with male role model.
Original post by i3ps
never learned anything about gender in depth just know that there's no different in men and women in terms of amygdala structure and function. I highly doubt they would ask this question because then we may need to know studies not in the advance info
Reply 18
yh makes sense thnx wouldn't be a bad question if they ask it but I highly doubt they will. feel like it would be factor affecting ewt
Does anyone do health?? if so what do you will think will come up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending