The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2O - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level History Paper 2 exam go for you?

"

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2O - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 10th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:"

Scroll to see replies

Any advice on Germany?
What do people think the section A question is gonna be based on the advanced information?
Original post by Bucklingpuppy11
What do people think the section A question is gonna be based on the advanced information?

I think the source will be Jewish policy as they e left so much of that on. Like for the Tudor paper today, they left loads of Henry VII on and that was the extract so I’m guessing that will be it for the Germany too.
I was thinking Stresseman Foreign Policy and International position would be Section A?
Original post by hamlethoratio
I think the source will be Jewish policy as they e left so much of that on. Like for the Tudor paper today, they left loads of Henry VII on and that was the extract so I’m guessing that will be it for the Germany too.
Original post by Bucklingpuppy11
I was thinking Stresseman Foreign Policy and International position would be Section A?

Idk I don’t feel like it’s a big enough topic for it now but then earlier on that was my second guess!
Idk I don’t feel like it’s a big enough topic for it now but then earlier on that was my second guess!

I can't see it being a big enough topic for a B question, and I don't think that it'd relate that well to both formation of Weimar Republic and poltical instability in 1918-1924
(edited 1 year ago)
I think they can ask a 25 marker on any one of the bullet points tbh, there would be enough to talk about e.g. there could be a question on 'Hitler's policies were consistent towards the Jews in the years 1941-1945'. That question only covers one bullet point so make sure you have revised them all in depth just in case!
Does anyone know what questions came up in the 2021 paper?
Original post by Anonymous #289
I think they can ask a 25 marker on any one of the bullet points tbh, there would be enough to talk about e.g. there could be a question on 'Hitler's policies were consistent towards the Jews in the years 1941-1945'. That question only covers one bullet point so make sure you have revised them all in depth just in case!

I doubt this, because then the other anti-semitism bullet points would have to link into another question, otherwise they would have had to been struck off in advance info. I guess a broader Volksgemeinschaft could incorporate earlier antisemitism and social policy, but in that case knowing the anti-semitic elements still doesn't seem crucial for full marks. It is possible, but I am fairly sure it will be a broader antisemitism one.
Does anyone know what questions came up in the 2021 paper?

PRSOM

I want to know too!
Original post by DeBeauvoir2
I doubt this, because then the other anti-semitism bullet points would have to link into another question, otherwise they would have had to been struck off in advance info. I guess a broader Volksgemeinschaft could incorporate earlier antisemitism and social policy, but in that case knowing the anti-semitic elements still doesn't seem crucial for full marks. It is possible, but I am fairly sure it will be a broader antisemitism one.

Could it be a Jewish policy source maybe? Then the essay question could be on foreign policy (could just ask if it’s successful), another could put social policies and terror together (e.g. did Nazis win over hearts and minds) and the last could be about Weimar instability etc (maybe the political uprisings?)

They wouldn’t have necessarily have been struck off the advanced info. They can’t ask questions on everything on the advanced info though it’s impossible. I see what you’re saying and I agree about the anti semitism points on the advanced info but the question I posted above was similar to one that was asked in a past paper. The anti semitism one is just an example. They’ve left the Weimar constitution on so it’s possible there’s a question just on the constitution. They’ve also said students can gain full credit just writing about what’s on the advanced info.
PRSOM

I want to know too!

What does PRSOM mean lol
They wouldn’t have necessarily have been struck off the advanced info. They can’t ask questions on everything on the advanced info though it’s impossible. I see what you’re saying and I agree about the anti semitism points on the advanced info but the question I posted above was similar to one that was asked in a past paper. The anti semitism one is just an example. They’ve left the Weimar constitution on so it’s possible there’s a question just on the constitution. They’ve also said students can gain full credit just writing about what’s on the advanced info.

It is possible to have a question on just one element of a bullet point (e.g. just the constitution, but not the context for the establishment of the republic) but not possible for an entire bullet point to be left off (e.g. something must be about 1924-8 foreign policy). They aren't allowed to leave things on the information for the sake of it.

So they definitely can and will ask questions on every bullet point on the advance info - notice this is slightly different to asking on everything mentioned as part of those bullet points. You seem to be conflating these two cases. E.g. Paper 1?

I am almost sure it will be and antisemitism 1933-45, 1924-8 foreign policy, early weimar political issues (e.g. constitution caused more issues than threat from the right), and something to do with the degree of totalitarianism/opposition/Volksgemeinschaft (that last one is more vague but you can see the type of thing I'm getting at) - a question on each of those topics easily covers all of teh
What does PRSOM mean lol

PRSOM = Please Rate Some Other Member

Basically I tried to give you a rating because I agree but it said I have already rated you recently so can’t do it again - hence why I said PRSOM instead.
It is possible to have a question on just one element of a bullet point (e.g. just the constitution, but not the context for the establishment of the republic) but not possible for an entire bullet point to be left off (e.g. something must be about 1924-8 foreign policy). They aren't allowed to leave things on the information for the sake of it.

So they definitely can and will ask questions on every bullet point on the advance info - notice this is slightly different to asking on everything mentioned as part of those bullet points. You seem to be conflating these two cases. E.g. Paper 1?

I am almost sure it will be and antisemitism 1933-45, 1924-8 foreign policy, early weimar political issues (e.g. constitution caused more issues than threat from the right), and something to do with the degree of totalitarianism/opposition/Volksgemeinschaft (that last one is more vague but you can see the type of thing I'm getting at) - a question on each of those topics easily covers all of teh

I see your point. Looking at the advanced info for tudors, which was my paper 1, they did completely leave off some bullet points like Elizabeth and society but this was one of the only ones that you would not be able to talk about in your answer. In the 4 questions asked you could more or less mention info from other bullet points not directly mentioned in the q. I get what you're saying in having to link more than one bullet point into your answer. Thanks for explaining.
I see your point. Looking at the advanced info for tudors, which was my paper 1, they did completely leave off some bullet points like Elizabeth and society but this was one of the only ones that you would not be able to talk about in your answer. In the 4 questions asked you could more or less mention info from other bullet points not directly mentioned in the q. I get what you're saying in having to link more than one bullet point into your answer. Thanks for explaining.

Elizabeth and society actually was necessary to answer the question on rebellions - since it was up to 1569 and rebellion under Elizabeth is in the society one. :smile:
Is it just Nazis that has been really cut down? They chopped like two-thirds of the content lol -- was just wondering if this is the case with the other topics

I think technically every single bullet point was needed on Tudors as I was thinking about this - it could help us accurately predict Germany.

All the Henry VII ones were needed for the extracts as it was just him generally. Then the Henry VIII stuff was the relevant themes to answer the government essay (religion, gov and foreign policy). Then the mid tudor was needed for rebellions. Elizabeth society and economy needed because rebellions were up to 1569 and then foreign policy for last question.

So if it’s the same for Germany we might even be able to predict the questions! :smile: as I didn’t realise it would be like that for Tudor paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending