The Student Room Group

Calculator for Edexcel/Pearson GCSE Maths (Help)

Hi,

I currently own a FX-CG50 Graphical Calculator and was wondering if it is allowed to be used in Edexcel Maths GCSE Paper 2 & 3

I have already asked my schools Maths Department and they have confirmed it is allowed but they have a history of passing on false information.

I was just looking to double check whether this calculator is allowed
yes, the exam boards have confirmed this calculator is okay, just to be safe bring another gcse one just in case.
Original post by jennaa21
yes, the exam boards have confirmed this calculator is okay, just to be safe bring another gcse one just in case.

Thank you and will do. :smile:
Original post by qwertyosc123
Hi,

I currently own a FX-CG50 Graphical Calculator and was wondering if it is allowed to be used in Edexcel Maths GCSE Paper 2 & 3

I have already asked my schools Maths Department and they have confirmed it is allowed but they have a history of passing on false information.

I was just looking to double check whether this calculator is allowed

It is definitely OK for GCSE and A level exam use in UK.
If your maths department have said it's OK they have presumably mentioned it to the exams team as well.
It's an unusual calculator for GCSE use given it's price and overkill on functionality so exams staff might be unfamiliar with it. It may be worth a word with your exams officer beforehand just to avoid any conflict on tuesday. Invigilators should check it's in exam mode but rarely do (see below).
https://education.casio.co.uk/blog/fx-cg50-for-exam-success
Original post by gdunne42
It is definitely OK for GCSE and A level exam use in UK.
If your maths department have said it's OK they have presumably mentioned it to the exams team as well.
It's an unusual calculator for GCSE use given it's price and overkill on functionality so exams staff might be unfamiliar with it. It may be worth a word with your exams officer beforehand just to avoid any conflict on tuesday. Invigilators should check it's in exam mode but rarely do (see below).
https://education.casio.co.uk/blog/fx-cg50-for-exam-success

Unfortunately, my school does not even have an exam officer which I find unusual, but I’ll have a word with my head of year to avoid any issues. Thank you for your advice. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest