The Student Room Group

Retaking a levels

Let's say i want to improve one of my grades but the other 2 subjects are fine will i be able to retake just that one alevel or will i have to retake all of them ?
Short answer: Yes, you can retake one A level, or two A levels, or however many A levels you want. It does have to be a whole A level, not just chosen papers.

Longer answer:

You will need to find a school who will take you on that basis - they may require you to come back as a full time student.

Or you can be a private candidate, at which point you will need to teach yourself, and you will need to find an exam centre to take the exams at. (Which might just be your previous school.)

Some universities / courses will only consider A levels taken in the same session. If this is the case, the university website will say so.

Some universities / courses won't accept resits. If this is the case, the university website will say so.
Reply 2
Original post by skylark2
Short answer: Yes, you can retake one A level, or two A levels, or however many A levels you want. It does have to be a whole A level, not just chosen papers.

Longer answer:

You will need to find a school who will take you on that basis - they may require you to come back as a full time student.

Or you can be a private candidate, at which point you will need to teach yourself, and you will need to find an exam centre to take the exams at. (Which might just be your previous school.)

Some universities / courses will only consider A levels taken in the same session. If this is the case, the university website will say so.

Some universities / courses won't accept resits. If this is the case, the university website will say so.

thanks for letting me know !

Quick Reply

Latest