The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Geography Paper 2 9GE0 02 - 8 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the Edexcel A Level Geography Paper 2 exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level Geography Paper 2 9GE0 02 - 8 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 8th June PM
Length: 2h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

paper 2 predictions for MIS ???
Original post by Charlie728477282
paper 2 predictions for MIS ???

Which topics do u do?
Original post by mystudentlife
Which topics do u do?

diverse places and migration identity sovereignty - i think there the ones you pick
(Original post by Charlie728477282)diverse places and migration identity sovereignty - i think there the ones you pick

Yes same, also Ik this is paper 2 thread but you know the first question for paper 1 was that specific to earthquakes?? I cannot remember but I did not write specifically about earthquakes and now I am scared
(Original post by Charlie728477282)diverse places and migration identity sovereignty - i think there the ones you pick

Yes same, also Ik this is paper 2 thread but you know the first question for paper 1 was that specific to earthquakes?? I cannot remember but I did not write specifically about earthquakes and now I am scared

yeah it did say earthquakes in the question :/
Original post by gbishopp
yeah it did say earthquakes in the question :/

Ok

yeah it did but honestly its fine my friend did the same and if you talked about earthquakes for just one paragraph hopefully you can get a third or more of the marks, how did you find the carbon 12 marker ?? my peel went straight out the window i ended up just doing two paragraphs on uk and Norway
yeah it did but honestly its fine my friend did the same and if you talked about earthquakes for just one paragraph hopefully you can get a third or more of the marks, how did you find the carbon 12 marker ?? my peel went straight out the window i ended up just doing two paragraphs on uk and Norway

trust me, I had no structure at all, just random facts?? I did not expect that sort of question its so broad and I didn't have time to think it through properly, Idk if it was worded abit weirdly as well idk
(edited 1 year ago)

same I was confused. I just did a paragraph per country. but it was rushed because I was running out of time.
Anyone doing Health Human rights and regen?
Original post by Jessi2004

yes :smile:
same here,
Original post by April TK
yes :smile:
does anyone know the breakdown of marks for paper 2?

(as in how many marks is in which section)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by gigikrasiah
does anyone know the breakdown of marks for paper 2?

(as in how many marks is in which section)

16 marks globalisation (4+12)

16 marks superpowers (4+12)

35 marks on Section B regeneration/diverse places —> usually 3, 6, 6, 20

38 marks on Section C (human rights/sovereignty)—> usually 4, 6, 8, 20
Reply 15
Original post by Jessi2004

Yea what questions do u think will come up
Original post by Zak_B
Yea what questions do u think will come up

I honestly haven't done much paper 2 revison. Paper 1 just consumed so much of my time but I've done some globalisation and was thinking maybe something to do with factors that accelerate globalisation? So we would talk about trade blocs and developments in tech?
anyone got an idea of what the twelve marker will be for globalisation? Ik it will probably be on acceleration of globalisation but i was struggling coming up with a question to practice
Original post by ajkfhajkfhajksf
anyone got an idea of what the twelve marker will be for globalisation? Ik it will probably be on acceleration of globalisation but i was struggling coming up with a question to practice

I think I've mentioned this on one of the other threads. There is this person on tes who has some exam questions on each of the spec points for all the topics. I think if you type "Edexcel A level geography exam questions" it should come up. Hope it helps😊
There's no mark scheme unfortunately but they are great for practice
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi! I had a doubt.
In the advanced information one of the main topics for superpowers is sphere of influence/ territorial claims, and one of the case studies is Russia’s annexation to Crimea in 2014.
I was wondering if I should use recent data from Russia’s invasion now, or I should remain with my notes from November, before the war?? The thing is that data is recent and things will likely continue happening in these weeks regarding this conflict. So idk what to do.
What are your thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending