The Student Room Group

single during university

Hi guys...I cam to UK for my undergraduate and didn't date anyone while I was there mainly bcz I didn't want to...My plan was to stay single and focus on myself and my career during my first degree and think about dating etc once I'm settled and have started my second degree. I am an average looking girl (defo no bad looking that boys don't like me etc or something). But since the time I came back home, my sisters have taunted me that no one likes you etc. I felt really hurt and since then I have started regretting not considering dating while I was doing my first degree and feel like now ill be too old to date when ill go back for my second degree. Im 24 nd half btw.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys...I cam to UK for my undergraduate and didn't date anyone while I was there mainly bcz I didn't want to...My plan was to stay single and focus on myself and my career during my first degree and think about dating etc once I'm settled and have started my second degree. I am an average looking girl (defo no bad looking that boys don't like me etc or something). But since the time I came back home, my sisters have taunted me that no one likes you etc. I felt really hurt and since then I have started regretting not considering dating while I was doing my first degree and feel like now ill be too old to date when ill go back for my second degree. Im 24 nd half btw.

when you're back, find someone. It's not too hard. OR forget what your sisters say, and finish your degree
I was so confident on my decisions until my sisters taunted me. The thing is I have started regretting which is making me really upset.
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
when you're back, find someone. It's not too hard. OR forget what your sisters say, and finish your degree
I was so confident on my decisions until my sisters taunted me. The thing is I have started regretting which is making me really upset.

join a dating site, and meet a guy
no ...I don't prefer it that way...im not really upset abt being single but why did my sisters taunt me :frown:
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
join a dating site, and meet a guy

Focus on your degree , it's more important than dating someone. You're young and you still have a lot of time to date girls
thanks...yea that's what im doing ... I have graduated with my first degree and abt to start soon the second one ...btw im a girl
Original post by Jessica Mn
Focus on your degree , it's more important than dating someone. You're young and you still have a lot of time to date girls
my sisters taunts has really really hurted me ... they also said other stuff to me which has really depressed me....
thanks...yea that's what im doing ... I have graduated with my first degree and abt to start soon the second one ...btw im a girl
their taunts have effected my studies too ... is it normal to get worried when someone taunts you this much that it starts to effect your abilities?or im just thinking too much
my sisters taunts has really really hurted me ... they also said other stuff to me which has really depressed me....
their taunts have effected my studies too ... is it normal to get worried when someone taunts you this much that it starts to effect your abilities?or im just thinking too much

Honestly just focus on yourself and ignore your sisters. Your living your own life on your own terms for your self and never for anyone else so when the time is right or you feel ready then go for it otherwise concentrate on what you enjoy doing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending