The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Is this my problem?

Why does my heart ache when I see people leaving hall-related WhatsApp groups one after one?

Is this my problem?

For me, I try not to abandon anything that forms part of my memories...
Original post by Anonymous
Why does my heart ache when I see people leaving hall-related WhatsApp groups one after one?

Is this my problem?

For me, I try not to abandon anything that forms part of my memories...

Nah, it's just something that happens in general, I'm afraid. Some people move on and don't particularly feel that close to people now that the academic year/course is over. I think it's sad because now it feels like they were only friends out of obligation and not because they were genuinely friends with you. It kind of feels like the end of a life chapter in some way.

I had a whatsapp group with my uni friends too. A couple of people left but most stayed including myself as it's not hurting anyone to remain in a group chat. I find that conversation usually comes all at once when someone posts, but it dies down after a while and then it's silent for most of the year :laugh: It's nice to have the chance to stay in contact just to make sure everyone is doing okay despite not seeing each other anymore.

Definitely be sure to keep in touch with those who you consider to be friends :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by jenny07
Nah, it's just something that happens in general, I'm afraid. Some people move on and don't particularly feel that close to people now that the academic year/course is over. I think it's sad because now it feels like they were only friends out of obligation and not because they were genuinely friends with you. It kind of feels like the end of a life chapter in some way.

I had a whatsapp group with my uni friends too. A couple of people left but most stayed including myself as it's not hurting anyone to remain in a group chat. I find that conversation usually comes all at once when someone posts, but it dies down after a while and then it's silent for most of the year :laugh: It's nice to have the chance to stay in contact just to make sure everyone is doing okay despite not seeing each other anymore.

Definitely be sure to keep in touch with those who you consider to be friends :smile:

It sucks to be sentimental & it appears I can't accept how life is
Original post by Anonymous
It sucks to be sentimental & it appears I can't accept how life is

Ah yeah, I feel that. For what it's worth, I think a lot of people feel the same way. I still feel a bit sad when I think about school. I wouldn't say I particularly loved it back then, but it makes me feel weird and nostalgic when I think of that time where there were less worries, less pressure to be something, and time felt like it stretched on forever. Nowadays it feels like time is starting to run out, the months go by so fast, and there's always a hundred things I should be doing.

It helps to focus more on the present. I look forward to 'growing up' with my family and friends to see what happens. As strange as it may sound, it is a privilege to be able to grow and witness time passing. Being sentimental can be seen as a good thing - it means there was a time where things were great enough for you to fondly look back on.

Have you ever watched a TV series called 'The Office'? There's a line in it that always stuck with me. It was something like, "I wish there was a way to know you were in 'the good old days' before actually leaving them".
Original post by jenny07
Ah yeah, I feel that. For what it's worth, I think a lot of people feel the same way. I still feel a bit sad when I think about school. I wouldn't say I particularly loved it back then, but it makes me feel weird and nostalgic when I think of that time where there were less worries, less pressure to be something, and time felt like it stretched on forever. Nowadays it feels like time is starting to run out, the months go by so fast, and there's always a hundred things I should be doing.

It helps to focus more on the present. I look forward to 'growing up' with my family and friends to see what happens. As strange as it may sound, it is a privilege to be able to grow and witness time passing. Being sentimental can be seen as a good thing - it means there was a time where things were great enough for you to fondly look back on.

Have you ever watched a TV series called 'The Office'? There's a line in it that always stuck with me. It was something like, "I wish there was a way to know you were in 'the good old days' before actually leaving them".

I have never watched the TV series 'The Office'...Nostalgia is rather my sedative. It sucks, but there is nothing I can do...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending