The Student Room Group

When you buy expensive items and you constantly worried about being mugged

I grew up in nothing both of my parents don’t speak English, and I am from a deprived area of Birmingham. I have worked so hard to get where i am. I am not used to splashing out. I bought a new phone on contract that is the most expensive item that i own, and i am constantly worried about it being stolen damaged. Is it wrong to be this paranoid?

Perhaps the thing that is most worrying is that i am imagining scenarios in my head of things being stolen..
Original post by Anonymous
I grew up in nothing both of my parents don’t speak English, and I am from a deprived area of Birmingham. I have worked so hard to get where i am. I am not used to splashing out. I bought a new phone on contract that is the most expensive item that i own, and i am constantly worried about it being stolen damaged. Is it wrong to be this paranoid?

Perhaps the thing that is most worrying is that i am imagining scenarios in my head of things being stolen..

It’s perfectly plausible to be worried. Some newer phones are valued to the same as some cheaper cars! You could ensure that the phone is tracked, even when it’s off. See if you can pay for insurance, or if it’s already included against theft.
(edited 1 year ago)
I am that stupid..
Original post by Schotel
It’s perfectly plausible to me worried. Some newer phones are valued to the same as some cheaper cars! You could ensure that the phone is tracked, even when it’s off. See if you can pay for insurance, or if it’s already included against theft.

I mean i am inventing a lot of scenarios in my head so I am starting to get a bit stressed..
I mean i am inventing a lot of scenarios in my head so I am starting to get a bit stressed..

Honestly don’t, being mugged isn’t as common as you’d think.
(edited 1 year ago)

You're worried that someone might nick your phone? When Apple / Samsung / your service provider are already robbing you blind!
How many hundred quid? For a stupid phone? When you could have bought one for £130 up front plus £5 per month to the phone company.

Bearing in mind that in 5 years time, whatever phone you buy today will be considered outdated. Phones depreciate. Unlike other investments you can make.

Quick Reply

Latest