The Student Room Group

Self Employed and Student Loan

Hi,
So I'm a 19-year-old going into the first year, after foundation year. I am financially dependent on my parents.
Generally, I want to become self-employed to do some freelance work and earn some extra money now and later while the year goes on.
So I wanted to ask if I do need to declare it and if it will affect my maintenance loan amount?

Thanks!
Earned income by the student isn’t included in your household income assessment. You can earn as much as you like and it won’t change your loan amount
Original post by 1pikapikachu
Hi,
So I'm a 19-year-old going into the first year, after foundation year. I am financially dependent on my parents.
Generally, I want to become self-employed to do some freelance work and earn some extra money now and later while the year goes on.
So I wanted to ask if I do need to declare it and if it will affect my maintenance loan amount?

Thanks!

Hi there,

We don't include the students earned income in the assessment as we will use your parents financial details to award you with the income assessed element of the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

We don't include the students earned income in the assessment as we will use your parents financial details to award you with the income assessed element of the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Clare

Thank you so much!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending