The Student Room Group

Worried About Jury Duty

Amazingly, barely a few months after becoming 18 I have been called to jury service. While I have some concerns (such as if they provide food), my main one is if, in the event the case is a sensitive one, discretion will be given for me being quite sensitive and squeamish - I know it's embarrassing but even minor things can get me going and I am worried that because I am required by law to attend I will be forced to sit through something deeply uncomfortable (or, even worse, fainting).
Don’t worry about it, yes they provide food they usually have a cafe but that depends upon location or you can take your own food remember to keep receipts so you can claim this back, if your working you’ll have the time off and the your employer will need to fill a form in so you can claim for time taken off and they’ll pay you.

Regarding upon whatever case your given they is usually someone you can speak to or speak to the judge yourself they’ll accommodate you hopefully. Hope that helps.
Original post by Anonymous
Don’t worry about it, yes they provide food they usually have a cafe but that depends upon location or you can take your own food remember to keep receipts so you can claim this back, if your working you’ll have the time off and the your employer will need to fill a form in so you can claim for time taken off and they’ll pay you.

Regarding upon whatever case your given they is usually someone you can speak to or speak to the judge yourself they’ll accommodate you hopefully. Hope that helps.

Agreed. Do speak ot the staff there if you are really feeling uncomfortable. they will put you on another case
You have to speak, otherwise, you are uncomfortable as usual.

Quick Reply

Latest