The Student Room Group

hooked up with a really sweet guy last night, hated every second

it's almost as i subconsciously like it when men treat me badly. why am i like this? why can't i ever like people that treat me 'right'?

Scroll to see replies

Nice guys always finish last
Was it big
your boyfriend pays for a roof over your head and a mattress so you don't sleep on a park bench is that correct?
Reply 5
Original post by Little pecker
Was it big

pretty average :/

Original post by Genesiss
your boyfriend pays for a roof over your head and a mattress so you don't sleep on a park bench is that correct?

i told i need a break from our relationship like two days ago so
Original post by Ciel.
pretty average :/

i told i need a break from our relationship like two days ago so

Two days ago and you've already slept with someone else?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Two days ago and you've already slept with someone else?

i was bored
Original post by Ciel.
i was bored

Your poor boyfriend. Don't string him along, he deserves better sorry.
Reply 9

he can sleep with other people too, idc
Original post by Ciel.
he can sleep with other people too, idc

Sounds like you shouldn't be in a relationship. Or be in an open relationship?
Reply 11
Sounds like you shouldn't be in a relationship. Or be in an open relationship?

yeah, i'd like that. my bf isn't super into that tho
Original post by Ciel.
it's almost as i subconsciously like it when men treat me badly. why am i like this? why can't i ever like people that treat me 'right'?

I've come across a few woman like this, some people refer to them as "damaged goods" or "toxic individuals".

I'll be honest, I don't think this is something you can change. People can't change deep rooted feelings/attitudes that have been ingrained into them through past experiences/relationships (think, observing family relationships that were similar, mom/dad toxic relationship ect). It's almost like how narcissists can't be cured of their narcissism, only treated. (although we all have narcissistic traits to some degree).

My advice - just be upfront with your future partners. Tell them this is how you are, so that when they engage in an argument with you, they know not to become invested into the heat of the moment as that is something you thrive in inadvertently.

And regarding this dude, do the right thing. If he's a nice guy, as you say, but you don't see him as a potential long term partner, tell him and let him move on.

He’s been cheating on his boyfriend for years, he’s not going to stop.
Original post by Ciel.

Because you don't like yourself.
Reply 15
I've come across a few woman like this, some people refer to them as "damaged goods" or "toxic individuals".

I'll be honest, I don't think this is something you can change. People can't change deep rooted feelings/attitudes that have been ingrained into them through past experiences/relationships (think, observing family relationships that were similar, mom/dad toxic relationship ect). It's almost like how narcissists can't be cured of their narcissism, only treated. (although we all have narcissistic traits to some degree).

My advice - just be upfront with your future partners. Tell them this is how you are, so that when they engage in an argument with you, they know not to become invested into the heat of the moment as that is something you thrive in inadvertently.

And regarding this dude, do the right thing. If he's a nice guy, as you say, but you don't see him as a potential long term partner, tell him and let him move on.

so i'll be stuck in this cycle forever? that sucks. part of me likes the idea of like, a cute relationship but the other part of me just can't stand it.. i kinda feel safer when someone else is completely in charge if that makes sense
Original post by Son of the Sea
He’s been cheating on his boyfriend for years, he’s not going to stop.

it's not cheating if we are on a break
Original post by ageshallnot
Because you don't like yourself.

i do actually. im pretty vain, a lot of people think i'm narcissistic bc of that
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ciel.

i do actually. im pretty vain, a lot of people think i'm narcissistic bc of that

I'm not talking about external appearances, but how you feel about yourself deep down inside. I've read a lot of your threads, not just this one, and came to that conclusion a while ago.
did you let him nut inside you a lot of women prefer men like that maybe it is to do with testosterone or evolution or something
I think if he was a real nice guy type, you were probably just being normal tbh. I have learned the hard way that being the nice guy isn't what most girls want, they usually prefer someone more confident and masculine than all sweet and nice.
Reply 19
Original post by ageshallnot
I'm not talking about external appearances, but how you feel about yourself deep down inside. I've read a lot of your threads, not just this one, and came to that conclusion a while ago.

nah, that's not it
Original post by karl pilkington
did you let him nut inside you a lot of women prefer men like that maybe it is to do with testosterone or evolution or something

no

I think if he was a real nice guy type, you were probably just being normal tbh. I have learned the hard way that being the nice guy isn't what most girls want, they usually prefer someone more confident and masculine than all sweet and nice.

are you a bad guy now then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending