The Student Room Group

Placement hours in a part time nursing degree.

How many hours placement do you do on a part time nursing degree.
Original post by Rebeccalrees

A (mimimum) total of 2,300 - just like full time students.
Full time students do 37.5 hours per week on placement. Part time isn't vert common, so check with whichever university you're looking at doing part time with (although the degree apprenticeship student on my ward has to do part time as a HCA and part time in uni while on "theory", and full time while on placement... it classes as "part time" and will take her 4 years)
Original post by Emily_B
A (mimimum) total of 2,300 - just like full time students.
Full time students do 37.5 hours per week on placement. Part time isn't vert common, so check with whichever university you're looking at doing part time with (although the degree apprenticeship student on my ward has to do part time as a HCA and part time in uni while on "theory", and full time while on placement... it classes as "part time" and will take her 4 years)

Was going to quote you in this but you have beaten me to it as I was going to say it was 2300 hours.

Like Emily said you might have to do your course over 4 years instead of the normal 3 years with you doing it part-time.

Can't you perhaps not do it over the 3 years full-time at university or are prepared to do the extra year work for to be qualified....
Original post by Tracey_W
Was going to quote you in this but you have beaten me to it as I was going to say it was 2300 hours.

Like Emily said you might have to do your course over 4 years instead of the normal 3 years with you doing it part-time.

Can't you perhaps not do it over the 3 years full-time at university or are prepared to do the extra year work for to be qualified....

I’m looking at part time as I have to work enough hours at a paid position along side the degree due to personal commitments. Thank you for your responses to how many hours is needed.
I’m looking at part time as I have to work enough hours at a paid position along side the degree due to personal commitments. Thank you for your responses to how many hours is needed.

You can still do the three years course full-time and also work alongside your degree especially when on placement when you usually have more time to do extra shifts.
I worked throughout my midwifing degree with the same retailer but obviously I went from full-time hours to part-time hours to allow me to continue with everything else. Still doing this today as not caused me any harm. It's just a matter of balancing everything so its suits you.

But if you are happy enough with what you are doing then obviously it's your decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending