The Student Room Group

BAE Systems 2021 Project Management Grad Scheme-

Has anyone completed the final interview with bae? Also, how long does it take for them to get back to you with a decision?

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, have you heard anything yet, I still haven't.
Reply 2
You can try searching through some of the replies in the 2020 thread which remains active:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6392554
I got through to the first interview stage in March. This was for Graduate Software Engineer position at BAE Warton. I did an online HireView interview where i had to answer 5 questions (not face to face) and it gave me 3 attempts to answer each question. I thought i hadn’t done very well, then in May i got a phone call from a lady from BAE recruitment department. She told me i scored 95% and invited me to a second stage HireView interview with 2 lead software engineers. I did this last week. I think it went well although i struggled with a couple of questions. I'm keeping my figures crossed and was told I would have to wait 2 weeks (at least) for a reply. I'm hoping for the best. The only thing i am worried about is that i was told i need a valid passport for ID purposes and my current one has expired and it's currently a 10 week wait for passport renewal!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Markymark28
I got through to the first interview stage in March. This was for Graduate Software Engineer position at BAE Warton. I did an online HireView interview where i had to answer 5 questions (not face to face) and it gave me 3 attempts to answer each question. I thought i hadn’t done very well, then in May i got a phone call from a lady from BAE recruitment department. She told me i scored 95% and invited me to a second stage HireView interview with 2 lead software engineers. I did this last week. I think it went well although i struggled with a couple of questions. I'm keeping my figures crossed and was told I would have to wait 2 weeks (at least) for a reply. I'm hoping for the best. The only thing i am worried about is that i was told i need a valid passport for ID purposes and my current one has expired and it's currently a 10 week wait for passport renewal!

Do you remember the questions asked if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by L6k2
Do you remember the questions asked if you don’t mind me asking?

Just basic ones like "Tell me about a time when you .. blah blah".
I think one of them was about a time i had to deal with a difficult or dissatified client, but I guess they ask different ones in each interview.
There was also one "if you could change something, what would it be and how would you go about changing it?"

This is for software tho, i guess it is different for all other departments. As long as you stick to the STAR method when explaining your answers, you should be ok :smile:
Have you gotten a reply yet? I have been waiting for a reply on my interview since March for a 2022 september graduate role

Just basic ones like "Tell me about a time when you .. blah blah".
I think one of them was about a time i had to deal with a difficult or dissatified client, but I guess they ask different ones in each interview.
There was also one "if you could change something, what would it be and how would you go about changing it?"

This is for software tho, i guess it is different for all other departments. As long as you stick to the STAR method when explaining your answers, you should be ok :smile:
Original post by MasonLevenare
Have you gotten a reply yet? I have been waiting for a reply on my interview since March for a 2022 september graduate role

Yes I got offered the job. Starts 5th September provided I pass all the security clearance.
How long did it take them to get back to you if you dont mind me asking? I had my live interview months ago and still no reply, last thing they said 3 weeks ago it is still under review.. Should I assume I am rejected? I really wanted this position but oh well

Yes I got offered the job. Starts 5th September provided I pass all the security clearance.
Also was the offer through email or phone call?

How long did it take them to get back to you if you dont mind me asking? I had my live interview months ago and still no reply, last thing they said 3 weeks ago it is still under review.. Should I assume I am rejected? I really wanted this position but oh well

No, do not assume this until u get the rejection. I was told I was the 3rd person taken on and they where looking for 10 in total and this was a month ago so there is still hope.alao the offer was via a phone call just less than 2 weeks after the interview
(edited 1 year ago)
Oh I applied for a project management role not software one, I lost hope because I thought theyre just keeping me on the system with others to send out an automated rejection to everyone at once and not separate once you get rejected

No, do not assume this until u get the rejection. I was told I was the 3rd person taken on and they where looking for 10 in total and this was a month ago so there is still hope.alao the offer was via a phone call just less than 2 weeks after the interview
Reply 12
Oh I applied for a project management role not software one, I lost hope because I thought theyre just keeping me on the system with others to send out an automated rejection to everyone at once and not separate once you get rejected

Waiting three months just to know whether or not you passed an in-person interview is terrible. I know the job market is tough for graduates, but if you do by chance have another job lined up, I would take it. You are worth much more than that. Either way, good luck.
Hi, I have just passed my application for the Project Management graduate scheme and have been invited to complete the online assessment. Does anyone know what it’ll entail? My email confirmation says interview questions and then gamed based assessment testing competencies. However I’ve looked online and there’s so many different tests sites are suggesting that BAE do.Any help would be appreciated
Hello, they would ask 5 questions I cannot remember which and you have a minute to prepare and 3 minutes to answer with 3 retries, after that 2 games i think, good luck! Also is it for Jan 2023, air department?

Original post by bethheaps1997
Hi, I have just passed my application for the Project Management graduate scheme and have been invited to complete the online assessment. Does anyone know what it’ll entail? My email confirmation says interview questions and then gamed based assessment testing competencies. However I’ve looked online and there’s so many different tests sites are suggesting that BAE do.Any help would be appreciated
Hello, they would ask 5 questions I cannot remember which and you have a minute to prepare and 3 minutes to answer with 3 retries, after that 2 games i think, good luck! Also is it for Jan 2023, air department?

Are they just general questions? Or based on BAE values? And what do the ‘games’ involve?
It is yeah, at warton/Salmsbury. How did you get on?
General ones, you have 3 retries for each q as well so don’t worry too much

Ive been waiting for an outcome regarding my interview for months now

Are they just general questions? Or based on BAE values? And what do the ‘games’ involve?
Okay great so quite generic then. What about the games? Oh no!! Maybe ring them up if you haven’t already

Tell us about a time when you have handled huge pressure in a work/uni related situation?
Tell us about a time when you had a conflict at work or uni. Bad team Member, not working well with someone?
Tell us about a time when you worked as part of a team to complete a difficult task?

Those are some examples, but there are over 50 different questions they may ask.

Also, make sure you stick to the STAR method when answering:

Situation: Describe the situation and when it took place.
Task: Explain the task and what was the goal.
Action: Provide details about the action you took to attain this.
Result: Conclude with the result of your action.

As for the games, i completely forgot i did them! They where just matching up shapes as far as i remember, and they are timed.
(edited 1 year ago)

Did you end up getting the job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending