The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 2: Prose 9ET0 02 - 15 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 2: Prose exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 2: Prose 9ET0 02 - 15 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 15th June AM
Length: 1h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

i'm doing frankenstein and handmaids tale- anyone have any question predictions?
Original post by TheSuckUpStudent
i'm doing frankenstein and handmaids tale- anyone have any question predictions?

me too! I'm begging for a role of women question
Original post by cloudniineee
me too! I'm begging for a role of women question

Think I’d cry if that came up tbh, a dream!!
Think I’d cry if that came up tbh, a dream!!

This would be the mood but regardless of what the question is, I'll always unconsciously find a way to write about women LOL wbu though! do you have any predictions in mind?
honestly, not really! i feel like prose is so hard to predict :frown:
honestly, not really! i feel like prose is so hard to predict :frown:

I feel quite the opposite about it tbh mainly bc of the overlaps! I’m struggling to predict for poetry since one year it’s gardens and the next it’s family ;-;
what about the theme of doubling? I think that has a chance of being one.
Original post by notready4gcses
what about the theme of doubling? I think that has a chance of being one.

What do you mean by doubling ?
Original post by 24456Goo
What do you mean by doubling ?

havent you learnt the theme of doubling? its like dopplegangers- so i would talk about the monster and victor being doubles and offred and ofglen being doubles. Its like being the same if ygm.
Reply 10
I do Heart of Darkness and The Lonely Londoners and for TLL there's almost nothing online
Original post by CCES
I do Heart of Darkness and The Lonely Londoners and for TLL there's almost nothing online

There’s a v helpful course on open learn for TLL https://www.open.edu/openlearn/history-the-arts/culture/literature-and-creative-writing/literature/sam-selvon-the-lonely-londoners/content-section-0?active-tab=description-tab

also some good stuff on JSTOR if you have access

Do you know of anything for The War of the Worlds? It seems like no one does this text and there isn't much online.

same hopefully a gender based Q
to people doing Frankenstein and handmaid's tale, the AS questions were :

Effects of Separation

Absence of Compassion

AWFUL questions! :frown:
Anybody doing Atonement/Hard Times?
Original post by cinnamonnbun
to people doing Frankenstein and handmaid's tale, the AS questions were :

Effects of Separation

Absence of Compassion

AWFUL questions! :frown:

Do you know what the questions were for Heart of Darkness and The Lonely Londoners?
no im so sorry the AS kids in my school sat them and only told us what came up for our texts :/
Original post by annammm
Do you know what the questions were for Heart of Darkness and The Lonely Londoners?
Heyy is there anyone at all doing Lady Audley's Secret and The Murder Room for Crime? Our school screwed us over so badly with the prose choices :frown:
Hi guys does anyone have a question bank or example questions that have/havent come up for frank and handmaids? even if its just a list of general themes ill take anything at this point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending