The Student Room Group

Aqa nea history

Hi i have a question regarding the structuring of my NEA.Do i include AO1 and AO2 in the same paragraph and how would i like these in. My teacher just said we analyse the sources for AO2 but didn’t really explain what we do for AO! Or where to put it in the essay. Any replies would be greatly appreciated
Original post by Tia.111
Hi i have a question regarding the structuring of my NEA.Do i include AO1 and AO2 in the same paragraph and how would i like these in. My teacher just said we analyse the sources for AO2 but didn’t really explain what we do for AO! Or where to put it in the essay. Any replies would be greatly appreciated

hey i'm also doing my NEA, whats urs on? mine is civil rights
Reply 2
Original post by spleen girl

Mine is on the British Empire
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I just put A01 and 2 together and in the analysis, you just include your contextual knowledge. Well, we've submitted them so I doubt this is useful. what did you end up getting!
Original post by Tia.111
Mine is on the British Empire
Reply 4
Hi thank you so much, i ended up getting 34/40. I’d hoped to have gotten higher in my AO3 section but I didn’t have much time to edit.
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I just put A01 and 2 together and in the analysis, you just include your contextual knowledge. Well, we've submitted them so I doubt this is useful. what did you end up getting!
Original post by Tia.111
Hi thank you so much, i ended up getting 34/40. I’d hoped to have gotten higher in my AO3 section but I didn’t have much time to edit.

Oh congratsss!!! I only got 30 lol so I'd love to be u ahaha. I'm just glad they're done though, a huge load off my mind! x
Reply 6
Oh congratsss!!! I only got 30 lol so I'd love to be u ahaha. I'm just glad they're done though, a huge load off my mind! x

Oh that’s great!!!! My history teacher says she thinks between 28-34 marks will be an A this year so I think we’re both in a very good place I’m just worried for my paper 2 now
Original post by Tia.111
Oh that’s great!!!! My history teacher says she thinks between 28-34 marks will be an A this year so I think we’re both in a very good place I’m just worried for my paper 2 now

Omg same, Cold War I feel like is going my to hard and the questions might be super specific 😨

Hey, mine is on civil rights aswell but I'm struggling to start it. Do you have any tips? Thanks :smile:
Original post by M.A.T.T.
Hey, mine is on civil rights aswell but I'm struggling to start it. Do you have any tips? Thanks :smile:

I’d say watch a movie or documentary first on your topic. Cause I think the one thing that’s hard is the time period and ur own understanding of how to structure the question. Also find a lot of resources (I mean like a lot, at least 30. Because it’s so important to have as much data as you can) lastly I’d say make sure you find your interpretations early and get them approved by your teacher. A boy in my class had to redo his whole Nea a week before submission because he got the interpretations wrong.

Hopefully I haven’t scared you lol. Just start early and keep showing it to your teacher and you should be okay. All the best!!
I’d say watch a movie or documentary first on your topic. Cause I think the one thing that’s hard is the time period and ur own understanding of how to structure the question. Also find a lot of resources (I mean like a lot, at least 30. Because it’s so important to have as much data as you can) lastly I’d say make sure you find your interpretations early and get them approved by your teacher. A boy in my class had to redo his whole Nea a week before submission because he got the interpretations wrong.

Hopefully I haven’t scared you lol. Just start early and keep showing it to your teacher and you should be okay. All the best!!

Yeah I've watched a few films and documentaries on it. It's more the research part that I'm struggling with as there's so many presidents and leaders lol
Reply 11
Omg same, Cold War I feel like is going my to hard and the questions might be super specific 😨

Im in the same position if im honest. I’m not doing the Cold War but im doing the Angevin Empire and it just feels really heavy in content so Yh very worried. How was your paper 1 though?
Original post by Tia.111
Im in the same position if im honest. I’m not doing the Cold War but im doing the Angevin Empire and it just feels really heavy in content so Yh very worried. How was your paper 1 though?

Paper one was pretty easy actually. And that’s why I feel like this one might be hard. What about urs? (Angevin Empire sounds so cool btw)
Original post by M.A.T.T.
Yeah I've watched a few films and documentaries on it. It's more the research part that I'm struggling with as there's so many presidents and leaders lol

Use jstor articles, it’s free and you can access around 7 pages of research. Hope that helps
Use jstor articles, it’s free and you can access around 7 pages of research. Hope that helps

Thanks I'll check it out. Good luck with your exam :smile: I'm doing the tudors and cold war but yeah cold war is so much more in depth it could be on literally anything lol
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending