The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2N - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2N - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 10th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

anyone have russia 2N 2021 paper?
Reply 2
anyone got predictions for this years paper?
Reply 3
feel like nobody does this paper 😭
Original post by baekie
feel like nobody does this paper 😭

honestly! i feel that too! also i can't seem to find the 2021 2N questions anywhere?!
anyone have an idea what a question could be about in the 1917 section?
Reply 6
Original post by Alaina1092
anyone have an idea what a question could be about in the 1917 section?

Thought maybe one about the causes of the revolution but one similar to that was on the 2020 paper so not sure. What do you think?
I was thinking that too but maybe not because majority of causes of revolution are in chapter 1 and that's been taken off. maybe more about developments between revolutions or bolsheviks gaining popularity if going off advanced info? (Original post by Jswinno)
Thought maybe one about the causes of the revolution but one similar to that was on the 2020 paper so not sure. What do you think?
Reply 8
Original post by elspethmcintyre
I was thinking that too but maybe not because majority of causes of revolution are in chapter 1 and that's been taken off. maybe more about developments between revolutions or bolsheviks gaining popularity if going off advanced info? (Original post by Jswinno)

Oh ye, maybe something like to what extent was Lenin/Trotsky responsible for the revolution or Bolsheviks gaining power
yeah I think the role of an individual regarding revolution/power likely tbh. what factors would you use for that because only really failures of PG I can think of being the best counter argument, cant think of a solid 3rd reason
Original post by Jswinno
Oh ye, maybe something like to what extent was Lenin/Trotsky responsible for the revolution or Bolsheviks gaining power
Original post by elspethmcintyre
yeah I think the role of an individual regarding revolution/power likely tbh. what factors would you use for that because only really failures of PG I can think of being the best counter argument, cant think of a solid 3rd reason

depends if you have enough info but maybe economic conditions/war or nature of dual authority (PG weak from outset compared to soviet/unpopular) or maybe even splitting Lenin and Trotsky, in the developments - but that might be hard
does anyone think that there might be a link between economy&inudstry & the post war reconstruction bc I'm kinda confused how the last 2 bullet points would link together
Original post by Alaina1092
does anyone think that there might be a link between economy&inudstry & the post war reconstruction bc I'm kinda confused how the last 2 bullet points would link together

yeah, I was thinking about that too. maybe it could be something to do with the USSR being a superpower?
anyone know the as questions from this year?
Original post by Sarah2148
honestly! i feel that too! also i can't seem to find the 2021 2N questions anywhere?!

Source was NEP
Essays were post-war reconstruction, Great Terror, and October revolution/Bolshevik consolidation
theyve asked quite alot about the second bullet point in section 6 about stalins foreign policy/international position and never about the defeat of the germans so that could be a possible essay
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by baekie
theyve asked quite alot about the second bullet point in section 6 about stalins foreign policy/international position and never about the defeat of the germans so that could be a possible essay

what do you think the question would be like?
Original post by Jswinno
what do you think the question would be like?

Well, I'm not the person you asked but for our mocks at my college we had a source question on the circumstances around the February revolution. With the other questions (relevant to what'll be on the paper as these were our mocks in November) were about war communism and about Stalin being the likely winner of the power struggle.

Each of these topics are able to come up. Imo either the February or October revolution is almost guaranteed to be on it. And I'd say something linked to Stalin's contribution to ww2 would be likely. Similarly, there has to be something on the power struggle. But this is just me being optimistic. The sources could definitely be about any of these as there's a lot to discuss BUT I would doubt there'd be a source on industrialization or collectivisation due to how the Stakhovite movement recently had a source question in 2020 so there's that. Perhaps there could be a question about "To what extent was Stalin's leadership in the 2nd world war important in the Soviet Union becoming a super power in the years between 1945-1953" which would be both awful but great at the same time. Either way, this all guess work and we're likely to be wrong.
if a qu was about the biggest cause of conflict between the USSR & West how would you split it into 3 factors?
Original post by Political_Weirdo
Well, I'm not the person you asked but for our mocks at my college we had a source question on the circumstances around the February revolution. With the other questions (relevant to what'll be on the paper as these were our mocks in November) were about war communism and about Stalin being the likely winner of the power struggle.

Each of these topics are able to come up. Imo either the February or October revolution is almost guaranteed to be on it. And I'd say something linked to Stalin's contribution to ww2 would be likely. Similarly, there has to be something on the power struggle. But this is just me being optimistic. The sources could definitely be about any of these as there's a lot to discuss BUT I would doubt there'd be a source on industrialization or collectivisation due to how the Stakhovite movement recently had a source question in 2020 so there's that. Perhaps there could be a question about "To what extent was Stalin's leadership in the 2nd world war important in the Soviet Union becoming a super power in the years between 1945-1953" which would be both awful but great at the same time. Either way, this all guess work and we're likely to be wrong.

only feb revolution is on it so itll be on that or developments between the revolution

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending