The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Science: Trilogy - Physics Paper 1 (Higher) 8464/P/1H [Exam Chat]

AQA GCSE Combined Science: Trilogy - Physics Paper 1 (Higher) 8464/P/1H - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 9th June PM
Length: 1h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

How did the exam go?
Quite well tbh
What did everyone get for the 6 mark calculation?
25 if im thinking of the right question
Original post by Unnamed33
honestly I found it awful which is bad bc most people said it was rlly easy :frown: I left out more than I should've ...
What an absolute train wreck of an exam
Original post by Unnamed33

which one was that?
what did everyone put for the becquereles one I wrote about half life i think i got like D is the most stable and C is the least stable
(edited 1 year ago)
What did u guys write for last ques least stable I can't remember but I put the one with the long half life which was c and most stable was D I think

Original post by sxphielol
what did everyone put for the becquereles one I wrote about half life i think i got like B is the most stable and C is the least stable

I think I got d as the most stable it was 7 yrs
what was the one about the broccoli in the microwave with the steam? i wrote about particles
Original post by Sharmiii
What did u guys write for last ques least stable I can't remember but I put the one with the long half life which was c and most stable was D I think

Ohhh wait yeah same
Original post by Sharmiii

sorry i forgot, i got d is the most stable and C the least i think because it hadn’t halved its radioactive nuclei yet
Forthe stable one I got abdc
does the most stable have the longest or shortest half life?

Original post by John Eva smith
Original post by eviemarvel
what was the one about the broccoli in the microwave with the steam? i wrote about particles

i said that when it goes above 100 liquid evaporates and there is more gas paritcals with a higher kinetic energy so they have a larger momentum and more frequent collisions therefore the pressure is higher (i also explained how it goes liquid>gas but that was probs irrelevant)
Original post by user93_
does the most stable have the longest or shortest half life?

most stable has the shortest half life

Original post by user93_
25 if im thinking of the right question

Yh I got that too

how? the half life for A was 12.5 years i thought that means that it has longer to go because it has stabilised and lost all its radioactive nuclei

I got that too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending