The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Geography Paper 3 9GE0 03 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level Geography Paper 3 9GE0 03 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 17th June PM
Length: 2h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

any predictions ?
probably something on globalisation as the focus
Original post by Charlie728477282
any predictions ?
i strongly believe is going to be something related to Canada and cultural erosion due to the advanced information, and plus bc of all the huge bit on carbon

if it’s not that it may also be New Zealand, or even a developing country (Park Model, root causes, etc)/country going through an ongoing conflict
With the advanced information if it only the content that is the separate section or can be any of the stuff from paper 1 and 2 aswell.
Hi,
Does anyone know any parallel examples for paper 3?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by userxxx
With the advanced information if it only the content that is the separate section or can be any of the stuff from paper 1 and 2 aswell.

no, just the separate section
Original post by josefinaarrieg

ah okay, good! thank you
Reply 8

are you sure? I feel like its everything
Reply 9
yeh, i thought the seperate section was just mentioning things that will come up that weren't mentioned in the paper 1 and 2 sections of the advanced spec. so we won't necessarily be asked about the stuff that was in the paper 1 and 2 bits of the advanced spec, but we CAN be- if that makes sense?
Original post by abb.s
yeh, i thought the seperate section was just mentioning things that will come up that weren't mentioned in the paper 1 and 2 sections of the advanced spec. so we won't necessarily be asked about the stuff that was in the paper 1 and 2 bits of the advanced spec, but we CAN be- if that makes sense?

yup, edexcel hasn't made it easy for us. we basically have to cover everything in the advanced spec... I wish they separated everything by each paper, like my other subjects.
Original post by Namzino
yup, edexcel hasn't made it easy for us. we basically have to cover everything in the advanced spec... I wish they separated everything by each paper, like my other subjects.

they did separate everything
I just read the advanced information

"For specifications with synoptic assessments, topics not explicitly given in the
advance information may appear, e.g. where students are asked to bring together
knowledge, skills and understanding from across the specification."

I think it refers to all the spec then, but i guess is just in terms of theories and models (such as the development theory) that u can use for everything
Reply 13
Also, do we need to use case studies at all, or is the specific information just from the resource booklet?
I just read the advanced information

"For specifications with synoptic assessments, topics not explicitly given in the
advance information may appear, e.g. where students are asked to bring together
knowledge, skills and understanding from across the specification."

I think it refers to all the spec then, but i guess is just in terms of theories and models (such as the development theory) that u can use for everything

Therefore they haven't separated it haha - not clear at all if you compare it to Edexcel economics or maths...

Economics has a synoptic paper, yet if you take a look at the advanced info for it: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Economics/2015/teaching-and-learning-materials/W73034_GCE_A_Economics_A_9EC0_AN_Accessible_version_v3.pdf
There is a section on EACH paper, specifying what we should tailor revision to.

Geography advanced info - especially paper 3, is non-existent. It can be anything from the advanced spec from papers 1 and 2 AND THEN SOME, with the separate section adding on further key ideas that wasn't mentioned beforehand
they did separate everything

unless there's an updated version that I have missed for geo advanced info, it really isn't separated like comparable synoptic papers...
Does anyone have a list of case studies for the globalization section
Reply 17
Original post by mystudentlife
Does anyone have a list of case studies for the globalization section

3.2c china, 3.3c zambia and tanzania, 3.5b russian property holdings in london (elite migration) and nepalese migrants working in qatar (low-wage economic migration), 3.6b bougainville and the panguna mine, 3.8c canada first nations
these are just the ones we use at my school for the bits on the spec with the little globe symbols that you need to be able to talk about in context
i think that for paper three you really wont really need many case studies, as youre mainly using the source material for evidencing, but it would be good to have two or three case studies for each topic, like globalisation and superpowers, but we probs wont need to have to quote case study evidence for tectonics or anything- it would be better to have that whole understanding of the theory and ideas, so you can apply that to the source material
Reply 19
Original post by tahsinkalam
i think that for paper three you really wont really need many case studies, as youre mainly using the source material for evidencing, but it would be good to have two or three case studies for each topic, like globalisation and superpowers, but we probs wont need to have to quote case study evidence for tectonics or anything- it would be better to have that whole understanding of the theory and ideas, so you can apply that to the source material

yehhh agreed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending