The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Politics Paper 3 - 7152/3 17 June 2022 [Exam chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A-Level Politics Paper 3 exam go for you?

@Mythical Pingu - this a thread for paper 3 since there wasn't one already made

Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any idea what could be the topics for the questions?

I'm doing nationalism for the 25 marker. I don't know if anyone else is doing it or not
Original post by diya277

Hey everyone!

I'm doing nationalism for the 25 marker. I don't know if anyone else is doing it or not

Thanks for this, must've missed that somehow! I've added it to the directory and moved to the Government and Politics area :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by diya277

Hey everyone!

I'm doing feminism for the 25m- do you know how to structure it? ;-;
Reply 3
Original post by minecraftcow
I'm doing feminism for the 25m- do you know how to structure it? ;-;

I think it's the same as any other 25 markers (I do nationalism for it).

How I've been taught is to write an opening about the ideology in general and the overall thoughts of the ideology on what the topic of the question is. In the last sentence of the opening, give the 3 or 4 points you are going to make.

Then in the body paragraphs, go into detail about the points you outlined in the opening. Mention all of the thinkers at some point in the 3/4 paragraphs you make, though you may talk about some more than others, depending on your points. You can use real-life examples as well if that helps. For example, in nationalism, the more negative and extreme side of it is the basis for German Nazism and Italian Fascism. Make sure you refer back to the terms of the question in your paragraphs.

You would then do a conclusion at the end, summarising your points and relating back to the question. Say you give 2 paragraphs for and 2 paragraphs against the statement, say overall what you think is the stronger argument from what you have written

Hope this helps you : )
Original post by diya277
I think it's the same as any other 25 markers (I do nationalism for it).

How I've been taught is to write an opening about the ideology in general and the overall thoughts of the ideology on what the topic of the question is. In the last sentence of the opening, give the 3 or 4 points you are going to make.

Then in the body paragraphs, go into detail about the points you outlined in the opening. Mention all of the thinkers at some point in the 3/4 paragraphs you make, though you may talk about some more than others, depending on your points. You can use real-life examples as well if that helps. For example, in nationalism, the more negative and extreme side of it is the basis for German Nazism and Italian Fascism. Make sure you refer back to the terms of the question in your paragraphs.

You would then do a conclusion at the end, summarising your points and relating back to the question. Say you give 2 paragraphs for and 2 paragraphs against the statement, say overall what you think is the stronger argument from what you have written

Hope this helps you : )

thank you =), does the argument need to be balanced? Like can I do agree, disagree, agree or does it have to be 2 agrees, 2 disagree?
Reply 5
Original post by minecraftcow
thank you =), does the argument need to be balanced? Like can I do agree, disagree, agree or does it have to be 2 agrees, 2 disagree?

Depends on what your points are. If your agrees and disagrees can easily be seen as counterpoints, you can do agree, disagree, agree
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
What do people think is going to come up?

My teacher is guessing nationalism and race might come up but I'm not sure if there's any other possible questions that could come up.

I would also like to know what people think will come up for the core ideologies
What do you think will be the theme of conservatism extract
Reply 8
Original post by e1zab3th
What do you think will be the theme of conservatism extract

Not sure. My teacher said conservatism and the state is most likely going to come up since it hasn't come up before. But I'm not sure if it's for the 9 marker or the source.
Reply 9
Question: I haven't done much revision for this paper and it is my hardest one. I am really worrying about it since I don't normally do as well in this paper compared to the other papers. I haven't had much time to revise for the paper since I had one paper today and another tomorrow.

What do I do because I am basically re-teaching myself the content as my teacher didn't teach us it properly and I can't remember everything for Friday?
Does anyone know what the 2021 questions were? Would be good to know to eliminate possibilities
Original post by bef1929
Does anyone know what the 2021 questions were? Would be good to know to eliminate possibilities

They didn't release them which is super annoying. The only two we know is 2019/2020 I think :/
what examples do u use in paper 3 9 markers?
would you try to include real-world examples or statements from the philosophers?
(edited 1 year ago)
How did the exam go?
I missed the exam because I have Covid rn

I was hoping to rely on Paper 3 to pull me up to an A because it's my best paper... And now I'm screwed... Unless everyone found it very difficult I suppose... How did you find it?
Original post by Eddie3294302
I missed the exam because I have Covid rn

I was hoping to rely on Paper 3 to pull me up to an A because it's my best paper... And now I'm screwed... Unless everyone found it very difficult I suppose... How did you find it?

I too was relying on paper 3 after a lil slip up in the previous paper. Tbh it was all ok except for the anarchism question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending