The Student Room Group

Chelsea F.C. Thread IX

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by GrandMedic
Got to stick in a jibe somewhere.

I don't mind the Hazard loan actually (or even transfer?). I really have no idea why Real would want to keep him rotting on the bench rather than make money from whatever value he has left. Plus I'm convinced he still has it. The only thing is I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to move his family again, especially since his heart is in Spain. Loan could work.

Anyway from the sources I've seen, it seems Ziyech and Pulisic are doubts to return for next season anyway so you might get your wish. I'd have liked one of them to stay (preferably ziyech) for depth though.

Ziyech offers something but I feel like he'd love it in italy or another league. we need more dynamic wingers in big games as our midfield isn't as good at controlling possession as we'd like in said situations and it's always nice to have faster players in this league.

Hazard loan would be great imo because no way will he get in over Vinicius now and he's not suited to the RW(plus Rodrygo/Asensio/Valverde play there). Was never convinced by Pulisic imo, and when he does start to perform he gets injured for months on end so what's the point? Hazard good because even if his legs aren't what they used to be his decision making is. We have some ******s in the no.10 positions man.

Hudson Odoi getting into the sell him territory too but he's a homegrown player not someone we bought for 60M. Another showcase of how awful our board are with signings and how we've been getting lucky with great managers like Conté/Tuchel coming in the side. Lamps did a pretty good job too. I personally would play CHO at wingback when James is out at this rate. 17/19 teams in the league just sit back and defend against us anyway.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by bj27
Ziyech offers something but I feel like he'd love it in italy or another league. we need more dynamic wingers in big games as our midfield isn't as good at controlling possession as we'd like in said situations and it's always nice to have faster players in this league.

Hazard loan would be great imo because no way will he get in over Vinicius now and he's not suited to the RW(plus Rodrygo/Asensio/Valverde play there). Was never convinced by Pulisic imo, and when he does start to perform he gets injured for months on end so what's the point? Hazard good because even if his legs aren't what they used to be his decision making is. We have some ******s in the no.10 positions man.

Hudson Odoi getting into the sell him territory too but he's a homegrown player not someone we bought for 60M. Another showcase of how awful our board are with signings and how we've been getting lucky with great managers like Conté/Tuchel coming in the side. Lamps did a pretty good job too. I personally would play CHO at wingback when James is out at this rate. 17/19 teams in the league just sit back and defend against us anyway.

From a selfish point of view, I'd want Ziyech to stay. He gives us a slight edge off the bench when we need a goal. From his own career point of view, he should probably leave. Pulisic was getting really overhyped from the good run of form he had towards the end of last season I think and is still living off that.

Yeah it already does feel RWB has become CHO's position when he's fit and James isn't (who btw has had a ridiculous season considering its been his worst for injuries). Best RB in the league fairly comfortably in my books.

We're going to lose so many players (most for the right reasons) so we need to go on a spree this window for every position it feels like. Looks like Alonso is on his way to Barca aswell now thank fk. I like your Kostic pick for Chillwell competition but realistically it'll be Emerson I can just feel it. I'd love to see what someone like Cucurulla could do in this squad though. Kounde and Gvardiol apparently favourites on our CB shortlist.
(edited 1 year ago)
Kounde business is basically done.
Kit looks terrible. For almost every team tbf
(edited 1 year ago)
Lukaku really wants out huh
Reply 1445

He can go lmao. Just bring in Broja and use him and Havertz for the season.

Man City won the league last two years with no striker and personally Havertz is realistically our long term solution there. If Broja happens to develop and become an elite player then even better. Real Madrid used to have 2 quality strikers in higuain and benzema then sold higuain and they did just fine.

Lukaku being sold is such a non story. I just want us to recoup most of it. Inter literally replaced him with 36 year old Dzeko and had zero drop off in quality.

What happened now? I guess being 29 he probably doesnt want to waste another season or two just sitting on the bench a lot.
Reply 1447
Original post by Zerforax
What happened now? I guess being 29 he probably doesnt want to waste another season or two just sitting on the bench a lot.

He's aiming for a move back to inter but tbh they have Dzeko already. Lukaku scored two more goals than Broja in a much better team. Save the money take the loss it is what it is.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by bj27
He's aiming for a move back to inter but tbh they have Dzeko already. Lukaku scored two more goals than Broja in a much better team. Save the money take the loss it is what it is.

Usually the problem is selling. Inter have no money to buy him outright and Chelsea won't want to sell below his book value because it hurts the accounts. So maybe if everyone is desperate then he goes on loan for a season?
Reply 1449
Usually the problem is selling. Inter have no money to buy him outright and Chelsea won't want to sell below his book value because it hurts the accounts. So maybe if everyone is desperate then he goes on loan for a season?

Lukaku doesn't understand inter care more about the books than him. You think if they got Dybala from Juventus Martinez will stay? Will literally be the replacement for him because Martinez has better value.

Lukaku is an idiot. Don't run your mouth when you are not in an ideal situation. Tuchel doesn't care and we're not lacking a striker of his quality. The issue we've got is that we need a striker better than Lukaku, we had Abraham and Giroud last season and frankly we spent 90M on a move that was no better or worse in terms of absolute quality. Our season does not get better or worse if we kept last season's line up in reality, possibly is slightly better because we have Emerson and Alonso to rotate. We made two signings this season and both of them absolute flops because we had better players in our squad.

If Loftus cheek was going to be the 4th option then why get Saul?

If we had Giroud and Abraham as second choice striker to Havertz why buy Lukaku to do the same thing?

In any case Lukaku is a great backup to have if we really can't sell him(not better than Havertz over a season) but if we do manage to sell him not like it's a massive loss.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by bj27
Lukaku doesn't understand inter care more about the books than him. You think if they got Dybala from Juventus Martinez will stay? Will literally be the replacement for him because Martinez has better value.

Lukaku is an idiot. Don't run your mouth when you are not in an ideal situation. Tuchel doesn't care and we're not lacking a striker of his quality. The issue we've got is that we need a striker better than Lukaku, we had Abraham and Giroud last season and frankly we spent 90M on a move that was no better or worse in terms of absolute quality. Our season does not get better or worse if we kept last season's line up in reality, possibly is slightly better because we have Emerson and Alonso to rotate. We made two signings this season and both of them absolute flops because we had better players in our squad.

If Loftus cheek was going to be the 4th option then why get Saul?

If we had Giroud and Abraham as second choice striker to Havertz why buy Lukaku to do the same thing?

In any case Lukaku is a great backup to have if we really can't sell him(not better than Havertz over a season) but if we do manage to sell him not like it's a massive loss.

Well keeping quiet never gets you anything! Maybe he's trying to force a move.

Maybe they thought Lukaku would be better than he is? Saul was a huge waste of 10mil in wages.. glad we didnt get in the end!

Well your owner isnt Roman anymore! Not sure if you can operate to just ignore wasting resource.

Ps. I did enjoy Reece giving away a penalty as soon as he replaced Trent "cant defend" Alexander-Arnold :colondollar:
Reply 1451
Well keeping quiet never gets you anything! Maybe he's trying to force a move.

Maybe they thought Lukaku would be better than he is? Saul was a huge waste of 10mil in wages.. glad we didnt get in the end!

Well your owner isnt Roman anymore! Not sure if you can operate to just ignore wasting resource.

Ps. I did enjoy Reece giving away a penalty as soon as he replaced Trent "cant defend" Alexander-Arnold :colondollar:

Clearly forcing a move, then pretending that he isn't. What a loser man. Couldn't hack it at Chelsea then the manager replaced you. I think he should go to Bayern to replace Lewandowski.

We tried to buy Haaland and Lukaku was the alternative, which made sense due to him being PL proven(had a similar goal ratio to Kane). Thing is about Lukaku is I have no doubt that he would come good if he stayed for another season but he's running his mouth too much, all this for a guy who is essentially Tammy Abraham.

True but at least Reece James guards the back post and doesn't let random people run there without taking a look at what's over his shoulder. :colondollar: I hope Southgate stops being a fool and only takes those two right backs + Kyle Walker

Fullbacks should be Chilwell and Shaw if fit. If there are injury problems Cresswell literally exists.
(edited 1 year ago)
Danny Drinkwater, who finally left Chelsea last week after a five-year spell that only saw him ever start five Premier League games after being bought for £35 million

:eek:
Chelsea's transfer policy is a strange mix of extravagant errors and runaway success with little in between.
Reply 1454
Original post by Zürich
Chelsea's transfer policy is a strange mix of extravagant errors and runaway success with little in between.

srs, for every Kante/Azpilicueta/Cahill/Hazard/Rudiger that we get for bargain prices we get a Torres/Kepa/Drinkwater/Morata.
These are some big names thrown around for a 200M budget
Considering how many positions we need filled
These are some big names thrown around for a 200M budget

Does 200mil even get you much these days? Maybe 2 star players or 4 great players..
Does 200mil even get you much these days? Maybe 2 star players or 4 great players..

Thats what I mean. We need quality and quantity. Should be fine as we're not going for anyone outrageous this window though.
(edited 1 year ago)
Also after what I've seen today we better not be spending a penny on getting Sterling.

Quick Reply

Latest