The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Computer Science Computer systems H446/01 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

OCR A Level Computer Science Computer systems H446/01 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June PM
Length: 2h30

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

i hope this goes okay but i feel like ocr cut too much from the spec
Reply 2
tbh im not too sure how to organise my revision like do I go over everything on the advanced info in detail and briefly revise everything else or should I not even bother going over the rest of the spec
Original post by ddxna
tbh im not too sure how to organise my revision like do I go over everything on the advanced info in detail and briefly revise everything else or should I not even bother going over the rest of the spec

I’m mostly going over advanced Info only aswell. I can only think of normalisation that they’re probably gonna chuck in. Sad they got rid of logic gates.. easy marks
Hey guys, what do you think the boundaries will be? I’m thinking around 235/350 for A and 270/350 for A*? Depends on the difficulty though.
Original post by ucikghcf
i hope this goes okay but i feel like ocr cut too much from the spec

This is what my friends and I were saying, I feel like there will be a lot more coding questions because of this
Original post by AnushkaMirza
This is what my friends and I were saying, I feel like there will be a lot more coding questions because of this

i feel like there will be the standard 2-3 pseudocode questions and maybe a lot more on the topics they mentioned because all the topics on the list require you to understand other things so you can be examined on them, eg TCP/IP requires packet and network understanding and SQL requires database knowledge. Assembly could also include addressing modes and so much more.

I sure hope not
Which questions are you finding the hardest? How are you all finding past papers?
Reply 9
Anybody know how accurate the AS paper was? I heard they got a 9 marker on legislation which wasn't on their paper. No confirmations though.

R.E. Our info, I was surprised that legislation wasn't on there but going through past papers there's a ton of stuff that I wasn't taught in class which is fun. Nervous for this paper especially after A2 Maths earlier this week.
Original post by dman64w
Anybody know how accurate the AS paper was? I heard they got a 9 marker on legislation which wasn't on their paper. No confirmations though.

R.E. Our info, I was surprised that legislation wasn't on there but going through past papers there's a ton of stuff that I wasn't taught in class which is fun. Nervous for this paper especially after A2 Maths earlier this week.

I heard it was pretty accurate except like maybe 10 marks but that is to be expected:frown:.
The advanced info seems a bit too oversimplified. Based on the exams I've already sat (Paper 1 Maths (Edexcel) and Paper 1 and 2 Physics (AQA)), I don't think OCR will follow the advance info. In Physics we were told from the advance info that some topics weren't gonna come up in higher mark questions. It was the questions that wasn't mentioned on the advance info to be the highest scoring marks and the most difficult questions on the papers. To be on the safe side, I will go over some of the harder topics that aren't mentioned in the advanced info.
Original post by TheDarkestShark
The advanced info seems a bit too oversimplified. Based on the exams I've already sat (Paper 1 Maths (Edexcel) and Paper 1 and 2 Physics (AQA)), I don't think OCR will follow the advance info. In Physics we were told from the advance info that some topics weren't gonna come up in higher mark questions. It was the questions that wasn't mentioned on the advance info to be the highest scoring marks and the most difficult questions on the papers. To be on the safe side, I will go over some of the harder topics that aren't mentioned in the advanced info.

Hey! Which do u think are the hard topics?
Original post by E_H_1234567
Hey! Which do u think are the hard topics?

Depends who you are and what you find hard, but I find normalisation, floating point binary, Karnaugh maps and referential integrity hard.
Original post by TheDarkestShark

Edexcel Maths did seem to follow the Advanced Info though. I imagine parametric integration fell under methods of integration.

Difference between that and OCR CS is that OCR has given us the exact sub-topic rather than the general topic. I agree with you though I can't see OCR just sticking with what they gave us, it feels very little compared to the rest of the spec.
Original post by dman64w
Edexcel Maths did seem to follow the Advanced Info though. I imagine parametric integration fell under methods of integration.

Difference between that and OCR CS is that OCR has given us the exact sub-topic rather than the general topic. I agree with you though I can't see OCR just sticking with what they gave us, it feels very little compared to the rest of the spec.

I think they will stick with the sections they mentioned so TCPIP could include all of networks and sql all of databases, I also imagine there will be an essay question on ethics or law as always so that is to be expected. Do you guys have any idea or prediction about the boundaries?
Original post by E_H_1234567
I think they will stick with the sections they mentioned so TCPIP could include all of networks and sql all of databases, I also imagine there will be an essay question on ethics or law as always so that is to be expected. Do you guys have any idea or prediction about the boundaries?

82% for an A*
Original post by StudentJon.
82% for an A*

I think so too… so same as any other year.
how do you all revise for the pseudocode questions? cause every scenario is different?
Original post by StudentJon.
82% for an A*

I actually think around 78 for A* and 68 for A. The highest it’s ever been is 81% for A* and 71% for A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending