The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry AS level Paper 1 2022

How did everyone find the paper 1?? I made silly mistakes that I know shouldn't have. But it was medium I guess. Multiple choice = *chef's kiss*.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emily_210567
How did everyone find the paper 1?? I made silly mistakes that I know shouldn't have. But it was medium I guess. Multiple choice = *chef's kiss*.

Easy

The last question was sticky 😊🥲
why was there so much inorganic :frown: the advance info they gave us was useless in that regard
Original post by FatalArcher
why was there so much inorganic :frown: the advance info they gave us was useless in that regard

Omg, my friend does AS physics and she said all the content came up on her paper - she was literally crying 😭😭😭
I had OCR AS Physics today and luckily they stuck to the advanced info. But from my own experience of AQA yesterday and from what I'm hearing generally about AQA such as yourself, it seems like they are being harsh on students, which is not fair. 15 marks on inorganic including a tests for ions 4 marker is not "low tariff" - instead it is things like this which will separate the grades out. Hopefully the paper 2 is better for your friend :smile:

Original post by Ambiguous Super
Omg, my friend does AS physics and she said all the content came up on her paper - she was literally crying 😭😭😭
I had OCR AS Physics today and luckily they stuck to the advanced info. But from my own experience of AQA yesterday and from what I'm hearing generally about AQA such as yourself, it seems like they are being harsh on students, which is not fair. 15 marks on inorganic including a tests for ions 4 marker is not "low tariff" - instead it is things like this which will separate the grades out. Hopefully the paper 2 is better for your friend :smile:

Yes I agree with you there. The grade boundaries cannot be overtly high and I did read on a news article that examiners will mark more leniently. Just praying for the best tbh ---- all will be fine 👌👌

When I spoke to my chemistry teacher, he said that the last question was put in on purpose to test the more 'able' students - my teacher is an examiner for aqa
Reply 7
How did everyone find it was it similar to the advanced information
Original post by Ambiguous Super
When I spoke to my chemistry teacher, he said that the last question was put in on purpose to test the more 'able' students - my teacher is an examiner for aqa

what was the last question on?
Original post by Katiekl
How did everyone find it was it similar to the advanced information

Kind of, but on the advanced info inorganic was not there, but then they asked approx, 15 marks on it, including a 4 marker. The good thing was that there was only 1 practical on the advanced info - preparing standard solutions - and thats the only practical they asked; this was the 6 marker.
It gave a good lesson for this Friday's paper 2: Revise everything.
Kind of, but on the advanced info inorganic was not there, but then they asked approx, 15 marks on it, including a 4 marker. The good thing was that there was only 1 practical on the advanced info - preparing standard solutions - and thats the only practical they asked; this was the 6 marker.

i’m just gonna say thank you for answering their q without being rude, so many AS students have a stick up their ass and are getting annoyed when A level students ask if the advanced info was helpful or not 😭😭
Original post by aliaa03
i’m just gonna say thank you for answering their q without being rude, so many AS students have a stick up their ass and are getting annoyed when A level students ask if the advanced info was helpful or not 😭😭

No problem! It seems that Edexcel are sticking to the advanced info, whereas AQA and OCR are bending it, AQA more than OCR. (I can't speak for any other exam boards)
Good luck for your exams!
Reply 12

what was the main bulk of the paper on?
Reply 13

Was there nothing on other parts of titration or was it literally just preparing a standard solution?
Reply 14
Was the 6 marker the only practical question asked on the paper
Original post by eps14
what was the main bulk of the paper on?

Atomic structure, inorganic, calculations questions. It was one month ago i really cant remember too much
Original post by eps14
Was there nothing on other parts of titration or was it literally just preparing a standard solution?

That was literally it, yh.
Original post by eps14
Was the 6 marker the only practical question asked on the paper

Yes, it was worded like this 6 marker attached.

I realise that A level Chem paper 1 was today, apologies for the late reply, I hope it went well!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 18
Atomic structure, inorganic, calculations questions. It was one month ago i really cant remember too much

what atomic questions came up??
Original post by rida13
what atomic questions came up??

a 5 mark Q on TOF spectrometry, i think 3 marks on ionisation energies and i cant remember much beyond that
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest