The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level French Paper 1: 9FR0 01 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

"

Edexcel A Level French Paper 1: Listening reading and translation 9FR0 01 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June AM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:"
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi does anyone have any tips for getting high marks for translations (french to english). I'm currently getting around 10/11 out of 20 but I'm not sure how to improve.
Reply 2
Original post by username5058856
Hi does anyone have any tips for getting high marks for translations (french to english). I'm currently getting around 10/11 out of 20 but I'm not sure how to improve.

hey there lol i'm exactly the same. the french to english is always more complex with a tougher mark scheme, only thing would suggest is keep practising as much grammar as you can because the marks are sometimes more in the sentence structure than just the vocab you know?

have you done your speaking yet?
Original post by Raji.x
hey there lol i'm exactly the same. the french to english is always more complex with a tougher mark scheme, only thing would suggest is keep practising as much grammar as you can because the marks are sometimes more in the sentence structure than just the vocab you know?

have you done your speaking yet?

Oh ok thanks :smile:
Yeah i did it last week, it wasn't too bad tbh I got qs on the extreme right and the qs for the irp weren't as bad as I thought. Wbu?
Reply 4
Original post by lemono666
Oh ok thanks :smile:
Yeah i did it last week, it wasn't too bad tbh I got qs on the extreme right and the qs for the irp weren't as bad as I thought. Wbu?

good to hear, i did mine two weeks ago and my topic was world of work but i hope i slayed:colone: irp was decent as well! what's your best paper usually, speaking, listening/reading or writing?
Same...
Speaking probably cuz i think i prepare a lot for that. I don't mind paper 2 but paper 1, I always mess up the listening qs
I feel like they won't be that hard this year though?
Original post by Raji.x
good to hear, i did mine two weeks ago and my topic was world of work but i hope i slayed:colone: irp was decent as well! what's your best paper usually, speaking, listening/reading or writing?
is there a paper 2 thread anywhere?
how is everyone feeling about tomorrow?
stressed LMAO how about you

Mostly worried about the translation and listening part tbh translation always snakes me with the mark scheme wanting something different from what I said and the listening is just hard always....

Best of luck! And if you see this after the exam...hope it went well!
Original post by zoeology
how is everyone feeling about tomorrow?
the Spanish exam last week was actually pretty tough as well so I'm slightly worried about the French tomorrow:frown:. Please nice us edexcel
Reply 10
i heard the wording of the questions in the german exam was pretty weird and through people off as well but hopefully lower grade boundaries? i can’t remember what year it was but i did see for french overall at some point 41% overall was a B!
Original post by onlyforward9643
stressed LMAO how about you

Mostly worried about the translation and listening part tbh translation always snakes me with the mark scheme wanting something different from what I said and the listening is just hard always....

Best of luck! And if you see this after the exam...hope it went well!

I'm the same with translation tbh, was working through some past papers and I kept getting stuck on weirdly phrased French idioms and sentences that just don't translate smoothly to English. Here's hoping they're nice to us this year :/
How did everyone find it?
I thought it was a lot harder than the papers from previous years; that slam poetry one was so tricky.
Reply 14
i felt like there was a lot more inference than there should’ve been, and my time was kinda tight
Original post by godhateshayden
I thought it was a lot harder than the papers from previous years; that slam poetry one was so tricky.

Oh my god yes! I didn't like the one about the French resistance and the English soldiers either. I found parts of the translation really difficult as well
it was a lot better than I expected though, the spanish was a lot more tough, but some of it was quite difficult
Reply 17
It was definitely a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Did anyone else do AQA?
yh the translation was not it tbh- i didn't know how to structure some of the sentences to make it make sense :/ the reading section wasn't too bad though
I mean hopefully the grade boundaries are lower compared to 2019, cuz 84% for an a* seems so difficult to get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending