The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 3: 9PH0 03 - 16 June 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 3 exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 3: General and Practical Principles in Physics 9PH0 03 - 16 Jun 2022

-Exam Chat Thread-

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... This is the place to be

Feel free to chat about your exam, add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

9PH0 03 Paper 3 2h30 16 June 2022 am

Resources

Official Specification

Advance Information

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got revision tips for paper 3. Currently just going through the practicals that are on the advanced info and just doing past papers
hey which practicals are you all revising.
Original post by Luke_G__
Anyone got revision tips for paper 3. Currently just going through the practicals that are on the advanced info and just doing past papers

2020 paper was alright but then 2019 I hated
Original post by Luke_G__

Trying to score a 65/120 I hope that’s possible
Does anyone know have rough the grade boundaries are looking like I know they’re not going to be lower than 2021 but lower than 2019 but still have no predictions
Original post by rehena12
Trying to score a 65/120 I hope that’s possible

Oh my God 2019s paper was roouuuugh! That whole thing with the oxygenated blood had me stumped. And so much Combining of formulas for kinetic energy and stuff. That paper made me mighty sad. Did 2017 and felt like everything was cool then did 2019 and was like I'm gonna die. About to do 2020s now. Hopefully 2019s paper was just an anomaly.
Does anyone know have rough the grade boundaries are looking like I know they’re not going to be lower than 2021 but lower than 2019 but still have no predictions

I'm aiming for 170 out of all 3 papers should get a B with that.
Which practicals in particular are you guys focusing on? Obviously 6 and 15, but which other ones do you reckon will come up?
Original post by marieclaire.pi0
Oh my God 2019s paper was roouuuugh! That whole thing with the oxygenated blood had me stumped. And so much Combining of formulas for kinetic energy and stuff. That paper made me mighty sad. Did 2017 and felt like everything was cool then did 2019 and was like I'm gonna die. About to do 2020s now. Hopefully 2019s paper was just an anomaly.

2020 was a decent paper I got a 65 in it which I was happy about I will do 2017 tonight but today is just the last craning
Original post by Purple43Monkey
Which practicals in particular are you guys focusing on? Obviously 6 and 15, but which other ones do you reckon will come up?

Looking at the radioactive decay one maybe ? And all the waves on and calculating g also the electricty ones because but I know the Resitivity one already just the emf one just in case
Do we need proof of completed Core Practicals this year, for example written up in a lab book? My friend does Edexcel Biology and says they don’t need to do any this year, but so far the Edexcel website for physics says we need proof of at least 12 practicals in order to pass?
Reply 12
i am actually screwed for this paper, paper 2 went horribly. edexcel gaslit us into thinking the papers wouldn't be too bad after paper 1
Reply 13
your teachers would have sent proof to the exam boards

Original post by angelpirabbit
Do we need proof of completed Core Practicals this year, for example written up in a lab book? My friend does Edexcel Biology and says they don’t need to do any this year, but so far the Edexcel website for physics says we need proof of at least 12 practicals in order to pass?
Original post by e30401
i am actually screwed for this paper, paper 2 went horribly. edexcel gaslit us into thinking the papers wouldn't be too bad after paper 1

Yeah they tricked me but paper 3 is the hardest paper usually but they gave us some info so synoptic questions shouldn’t be too bad they’ve told us one main practical that and the uncertainties and know how u increase accuracy with apparatus we shouldn’t be tooo bad half shouldn’t be too rough
Reply 15
Yeah they tricked me but paper 3 is the hardest paper usually but they gave us some info so synoptic questions shouldn’t be too bad they’ve told us one main practical that and the uncertainties and know how u increase accuracy with apparatus we shouldn’t be tooo bad half shouldn’t be too rough

yeah thats true but whenever they asked to criticise or comment on something I almost never get it right when I think I'm right. i can never interpret the questions correctly :bawling:
Original post by e30401
your teachers would have sent proof to the exam boards

Ah, in what form? Like photos of my lab book or? Because I haven’t filled any out… does anyone know what date the proof has to be sent by?
Do you guys know what the numbers next to the bullet points in the advanced info are referring to ?
Original post by cronkmax
Do you guys know what the numbers next to the bullet points in the advanced info are referring to ?

It's the specification points for that topic
Reply 19
Original post by marieclaire.pi0
I'm aiming for 170 out of all 3 papers should get a B with that.

Last year was 51% for an A and we know they have to be a little higher this year, I'm hoping it'll be about 55% for an A. 2019 was 58% and I can't see them making it that high again, as they've lowered them every year so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending