The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 (Higher Tier) 8462/2H - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

AQA GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 (Higher Tier) 8462/2H - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 20th June AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
guys any last-minute tips i have reviewed everything but i am still doubtful because i did really bad in the first paper and i mena really bad i think i got 20/100
Reply 2
Original post by Laiba R
guys any last-minute tips i have reviewed everything but i am still doubtful because i did really bad in the first paper and i mena really bad i think i got 20/100

memorise the flame colours and precipitate colours/tests that will give you max 5 easy marks. Also watch each of Kieron Walsh's chemistry topic videos as they're directly related to the spec. I can attach some things for you! You've got quite a a few days to go over everything anyway. gcse chemistry topic videos This allowed me to get a nine within 3 days for my year 11 mocks this year!
How's everyone feeling about tomorrow?
Original post by thrivingfrog
How's everyone feeling about tomorrow?

nervous, i didnt do as well as i wanted to on the first paper so it all comes down to this.
Original post by jennaa21
nervous, i didnt do as well as i wanted to on the first paper so it all comes down to this.

:ditto:
I've hardly been taught any of the content as well other than rates of reaction so I'm slightly on the edge
:ditto:
I've hardly been taught any of the content as well other than rates of reaction so I'm slightly on the edge

ooof thats annoying, this paper tends to be harder too so im super scared.
Original post by jennaa21
ooof thats annoying, this paper tends to be harder too so im super scared.

Time to play freesciencelessons all day I think

hi again! lol yh shaun be pulling through for us, my birthday's tomorrow as well so hopefully I get some birthday luck with this exam lol
(edited 1 year ago)

yup. watch cognito too its pretty good as well
Original post by Blue_Bunny
hi again! ol yh shaun be pulling through for us, my birthday's tomorrow as well so hopefully I get some birthday luck with this exam lol

Happy birthday in advance!
Happy birthday in advance!

awww thank you :smile: good luck with revision and hopefully we'll smash it!
Original post by Blue_Bunny
awww thank you :smile: good luck with revision and hopefully we'll smash it!

Happy birthday in advance too lol! I hope you have a great day! (At least now I know I wasn’t the only one who had my birthday in exams hehe)
Reply 13
Paper 1 was a stinker so let’s hope this paper is better.
How was it…?
Reply 15
Oh god that was awful
Reply 16
alright wbu
Idk I’ve got mixed feelings…what did you guys get for the tangent question?
Reply 18
do u guys do triple , combined high or foundation
Reply 19
For the question asking what type of reaction it was, would thermal decomposition be acceptable?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending