The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Mathematics Paper 3 7357/3 - 21 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 21st June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

any predictions? or good papers based off of the advanced info that are free?
Original post by cronkmax
any predictions? or good papers based off of the advanced info that are free?

i wish </3 i swear there is like no aqa resources out here
do you think any of the large data set will come up??
Original post by cronkmax
do you think any of the large data set will come up??

even if it does it's to a max of 3 marks so I'd only really revise it if you have time to just recap some basic facts about it, mostly common sense I think from past paper experiences
New Tom Bennison predicted paper out for this one, no solutions yet but we could share whatever we got here and make our own mark scheme

http://ifem.co.uk/2022/AQA_A_Level_2022_Paper_3.pdf
Original post by Tylerr04
New Tom Bennison predicted paper out for this one, no solutions yet but we could share whatever we got here and make our own mark scheme

http://ifem.co.uk/2022/AQA_A_Level_2022_Paper_3.pdf

Went ahead and did it myself anyway so thought i'd share my answers, no guarantee that they're right so let me know if anyone got different

Spoiler

Thanks so much for posting for the practice paper and your answers Tylerr04, there certainly isn't much out there for AQA this year. My son has this paper tomorrow and he's just hit the panic point in revision where he feels like he's forgotten everything he knows! Hopefully working through this paper will remind him that its all there really.
Original post by helen2015
Thanks so much for posting for the practice paper and your answers Tylerr04, there certainly isn't much out there for AQA this year. My son has this paper tomorrow and he's just hit the panic point in revision where he feels like he's forgotten everything he knows! Hopefully working through this paper will remind him that its all there really.

Official solutions are out now, glad I could be of help
http://ifem.co.uk/2022/AQA_A_Level_2022_Paper_3_MS.pdf
can someone summarise 'critique statistical sampling' real quick plss
Original post by Inshrah
can someone summarise 'critique statistical sampling' real quick plss

i think it's just knowing methods of sampling and their pros and cons so that you can talk about why a method is/isn't good
we only have to know five methods i think (quota, stratified, systematic, opportunity and simple random) and there's a table in the book 1 textbook that summarises it pretty well - just rote memorisation from a flashcard really
Original post by AliceKS
i think it's just knowing methods of sampling and their pros and cons so that you can talk about why a method is/isn't good
we only have to know five methods i think (quota, stratified, systematic, opportunity and simple random) and there's a table in the book 1 textbook that summarises it pretty well - just rote memorisation from a flashcard really

cluster sampling too
Official solutions are out now, glad I could be of help
http://ifem.co.uk/2022/AQA_A_Level_2022_Paper_3_MS.pdf

18C ii : is answer correct??
Original post by Capoter

I'm not certain if the mark scheme version is correct because I used a graphical calculator with the specific regions and got the same answer as Tyler.
Original post by Political_Weirdo
I'm not certain if the mark scheme version is correct because I used a graphical calculator with the specific regions and got the same answer as Tyler.

Original post by Capoter

You can get 2 different values for the standard deviation in 18aii depending on whether you divided by 100 or 99. The mark scheme uses the value for dividing by 99 (because you use 1 less than the sample size in calculations of a sample and not whole population) but I think we both divided by 100. If you got 5.68 and the same answer for me for 18Cii then that's right as well.

Both answers would be right in an exam but a real exam question probably wouldn't have the 2 possible values of standard deviation be so hugely different
oh also question 6a the worked solution puts it in terms of A and b for some reason. the worked solution is equivalent to 2b/r
oh also question 6a the worked solution puts it in terms of A and b for some reason. the worked solution is equivalent to 2b/r

thats what i got aswell - was kinda confused why the mark scheme method did all that weird re arranging
Original post by Mythical Pingu

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 21st June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

good luck everybody Im so nervous cuz I flopped paper 1 and 2 everything is riding on thissss
Original post by keanureeeves
good luck everybody Im so nervous cuz I flopped paper 1 and 2 everything is riding on thissss

Lots of people saying paper 1 was really hard (including lots of teachers) so you might not have done as badly as you think. Good luck this afternoon everyone!!
thank u for the reassurance Helen
Original post by helen2015
Lots of people saying paper 1 was really hard (including lots of teachers) so you might not have done as badly as you think. Good luck this afternoon everyone!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending