The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Mathematics MEI Pure maths & comprehension H640/03 - 21 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

OCR A Level Mathematics MEI Pure mathematics and comprehension H640/03 - 21 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 21st June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone got tips for practicing comprehension and what the passage could be with regards to advanced info?
Original post by esha321
Anyone got tips for practicing comprehension and what the passage could be with regards to advanced info?

There are plenty of pure and comp past papers on pmt. Advance info only says 'investigation involving graphs of functions which may involve using fundamental skills of algebra, trig or differentiation'....so not many hints there
Reply 3
how's everyone feeling for tomorrow
Good luck!
How did the exam go?
Reply 6
decent, a lot easier than other two papers
Original post by Mythical Pingu
How did the exam go?

Might have been better than the last one. Did anyone else get the circle as (x+3)^2 + (y+3)^2 = 34 ??
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Laughterhouse 5
Might have been better than the last one. Did anyone else get the circle as (x+3)^2 + (y+3)^2 = 34 ??

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Original post by cosmome
decent, a lot easier than other two papers

i thought paper 2 was by far the easiest
Did anyone else get 4 stationary points for the implicit differentiation question? :/
Original post by Worncall15
Did anyone else get 4 stationary points for the implicit differentiation question? :/

I think I got 2:

(-3,4) and (3,-4)
Did anyone else get 17.9 minutes (17 minutes 54 seconds) for the rate of change of Temperature question? (With k=-0.07)
Reply 13
Original post by Freddie.H
I think I got 2:

(-3,4) and (3,-4)

I got 4 and -4 for the y coordinates but i dont remember x lol
Reply 14
Original post by Freddie.H
Did anyone else get 17.9 minutes (17 minutes 54 seconds) for the rate of change of Temperature question? (With k=-0.07)

Yes
Reply 15
What do u guys reckon the boundary for an A* would be
what did everyone get as the range and domain for question 2?
Original post by RAB394
What do u guys reckon the boundary for an A* would be

I assume 80% overall for an A* ..?
Reply 18
Original post by heptanitrocubane
I assume 80% overall for an A* ..?

Thx :smile: what do u think an a* would be for this specific paper tho
Original post by RAB394
Thx :smile: what do u think an a* would be for this specific paper tho

As a percentage, I think it will be around 80% (perhaps slightly higher ~84).
It's obviously impossible to say as the percentage of people getting A* will go up this year, so the grade boundaries will be lowered, however paper 1 A* will probably be lower than 80, paper 2 significantly higher than 80, so today's paper 3 maybe a few percent higher than 80.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending