The Student Room Group

‘Briefcase’?

So, I saw today that people in my A Level Maths class were talking about me on Twitter.

I don’t speak to these people, so I am sure it wasn’t friendly but they said something along the lines of ‘briefcase wasn’t there today’. I know they were talking about me…

I just wanted to ask, honestly, what they mean by ‘briefcase’. As I said, I don’t speak to these people so I doubt it was a friendly thing. What does it mean to give someone the name of ‘briefcase’.

Would very much appreciate honest answers - I can take that. I just am tearing myself apart not knowing what is meant by ‘briefcase’.
Reply 1
Are you the only person there that uses one? It is a disparaging nickname which identifies you with a distinguishing feature, viz. your briefcase.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
Are you the only person there that uses one? It is a disparaging nickname which identifies you with a distinguishing feature, viz. your briefcase.

No! That’s what puzzles me - I have never brought a briefcase to school…
Reply 3
Disparaging? Ah, so these people are not likely saying this in a positive way about me then?
Reply 4
I have never even owned a briefcase!
Reply 5
In that case its definitely a pisstake and they are not being pleasant, no.

Honestly, if you don't know them and aren't fussed, don't let it bother you. it's what kids do (rightly or wrongly).
Reply 6
Original post by gjd800
In that case its definitely a pisstake and they are not being pleasant, no.

Honestly, if you don't know them and aren't fussed, don't let it bother you. it's what kids do (rightly or wrongly).

Thanks. I thought as much. :frown:

It’s an A Level Maths class so not really kids as such. I thought that type of stuff stopped in sixth form. :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by SamW05
Thanks. I thought as much. :frown:

It’s an A Level Maths class so not really kids as such. I thought that type of stuff stopped in sixth form. :frown:

You are all kids to an old fart like me :lol:

But yeah, one would hope. My experience says otherwise - young adults can be inconsiderate and nasty.
Reply 8
:frown:
maybe they think ur rich
Reply 10
Doubt that…
Original post by zasng45
maybe they think ur rich
Reply 11
Does anyone else have any thoughts on what ‘briefcase’ could mean?
Will McKenzie from Inbetweeners - i.e. they think you are a nerd or a posh 'prick'.
Original post by SamW05
Does anyone else have any thoughts on what ‘briefcase’ could mean?

Stuck up, pedantic
Reply 14
But I’m not?!
Original post by gtty123
Will McKenzie from Inbetweeners - i.e. they think you are a nerd or a posh 'prick'.
Original post by SamW05
But I’m not?!

You know yourself best. Don't let it bother you.
Original post by SamW05
But I’m not?!

It's how they may perceive you.
pretend its cool - i think it is, so just take it, and continue.:cool:
, ive had some people talk on social media back in secondary school - but crazily all you receive is respect to your face irl :cookie:

imo take it with a grain of salt, and unless you're affected in some other way, dont let something so little take up so much of your time - life awaits nobody!

Quick Reply

Latest