The Student Room Group

Manchester CS and Maths

I know the Manchester CS and Maths course has an extremely high entry requirement, but I'm curious what the actual offer rate is. To students who either study the course or received an offer for it, how competitive would you say it is? Also, what do you think puts certain applicants at an advantage over others?
(edited 1 year ago)
I got an offer for this course this year. I think it must be competitive, because the entry requirements are so high. My offer was A*A*A*. I had a personal statement which was mostly full of supercurriculars, as I wrote it to apply to Oxford. My predicted grades were A*A*A*A* so that probably also helped too. And obviously you can get a reduced offer if you are a contextual applicant, although I'm not sure how easy it is to get that.
Original post by Cupcakes12
I got an offer for this course this year. I think it must be competitive, because the entry requirements are so high. My offer was A*A*A*. I had a personal statement which was mostly full of supercurriculars, as I wrote it to apply to Oxford. My predicted grades were A*A*A*A* so that probably also helped too. And obviously you can get a reduced offer if you are a contextual applicant, although I'm not sure how easy it is to get that.

I'll check if I'm eligible for that. What subjects did you take, out of curiosity, and what other universities did you apply to/get into?
Original post by Labradoodle1
I'll check if I'm eligible for that. What subjects did you take, out of curiosity, and what other universities did you apply to/get into?

I took further maths, maths, computer science and music.

I applied to:

Oxford - rejected :frown:

Leicester - offer AAB

Birmingham - offer A*AA

York - offer AAA

I think they all wanted me to get at least an A in maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending