The Student Room Group

What if I failed?

In Year 12 I was initially predicted a C in Chemistry, but my teacher changed it to a B after I appealed it so that I could apply to Southampton, which I needed ABB for.

In my Year 13 February mocks I got a D overall, with an E in Paper 1 and a C in Paper 2 (we didn't do a Paper 3 mock).

I was in hospital for a day one week before my February mocks because of a mental breakdown, and we hadn't finished the course by then. I also left 25% of each paper blank because I ran out of time. I got 22/100 on Paper 1 and 43/100 on Paper 2.

In my A Level exams I finished all of the questions, only leaving out some tiny details in a couple of the long answer questions as I found them time consuming. I also am doing slightly better mentally, even though I was obviously quite stressed out from the exams.

I found Paper 1 to be mediocre, Paper 2 fairly easy, and Paper 3 horrible. I've always massively preferred organic chemistry over inorganic. I'm terrible at the maths questions but I think I got most of the Paper 3 ones correct. I also had to guess half of the multiple choice questions as I left them to the end and ran out of time.

Since I have never gotten above a D in my mocks overall, I'm really worried that I have failed. I put so much time and effort into Chemistry, even staying after school until 5pm once a week to do practice questions. But I still have this feeling that I'm just not good at Chemistry.

Do you guys think I got a C? C is what I need to get into Southampton.
Btw Southampton requires ABB for by course but I was given an offer for BBC
I've been revising for Chemistry since January
Reply 3
Original post by kennykujo
btw southampton requires abb for by course but i was given an offer for bbc

my freind has a bbc aswell
ok
Original post by COMP23
my freind has a bbc aswell
In Year 12 I was initially predicted a C in Chemistry, but my teacher changed it to a B after I appealed it so that I could apply to Southampton, which I needed ABB for.

In my Year 13 February mocks I got a D overall, with an E in Paper 1 and a C in Paper 2 (we didn't do a Paper 3 mock).

I was in hospital for a day one week before my February mocks because of a mental breakdown, and we hadn't finished the course by then. I also left 25% of each paper blank because I ran out of time. I got 22/100 on Paper 1 and 43/100 on Paper 2.

In my A Level exams I finished all of the questions, only leaving out some tiny details in a couple of the long answer questions as I found them time consuming. I also am doing slightly better mentally, even though I was obviously quite stressed out from the exams.

I found Paper 1 to be mediocre, Paper 2 fairly easy, and Paper 3 horrible. I've always massively preferred organic chemistry over inorganic. I'm terrible at the maths questions but I think I got most of the Paper 3 ones correct. I also had to guess half of the multiple choice questions as I left them to the end and ran out of time.

Since I have never gotten above a D in my mocks overall, I'm really worried that I have failed. I put so much time and effort into Chemistry, even staying after school until 5pm once a week to do practice questions. But I still have this feeling that I'm just not good at Chemistry.

not getting the grades isn't the end - some universities can be lenient and let you in regardless of your grades (even if you do have a conditional offer). as for grade boundaries, people are assuming that they will be the same as 2019 - try using that as your guideline

and hey! you can always retake it later - missing out this one time is not the end

good luck :h:

Yes you can do it, well done for carrying on despite hospital admissions, very impressive
Original post by daydream77
not getting the grades isn't the end - some universities can be lenient and let you in regardless of your grades (even if you do have a conditional offer). as for grade boundaries, people are assuming that they will be the same as 2019 - try using that as your guideline

and hey! you can always retake it later - missing out this one time is not the end

good luck :h:

im predicted abb, I need bbc, and I honestly think I got a*a*d-
ty, the only real motivation I had for these a levels was doing better than the ppl who hurt me
Original post by Lemondrop777
Yes you can do it, well done for carrying on despite hospital admissions, very impressive

Quick Reply

Latest