The Student Room Group

People keep asking when I'm getting engaged

People at work and my friends keep asking this, how do I deal with it?
You can either:
1) Tell them that you have no plans to ever get engaged or fiercely disagree with marriage as an vicious institution of the religious establishments/patriarchy/big government/anything else that springs to mind,
2) Ignore them,
3) Respond with a very saucy/mocking type of joke that ensures that they will think twice before involving themselves in your private life or future plans ever again.
Original post by Anonymous
People at work and my friends keep asking this, how do I deal with it?

Don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing when its comes to getting engaged and maybe a potential wedding as it's your life and your decision whether or not you get engaged.
Providing you and your partner is quite contempt of how things are going then let it be.

Perhaps they only want to have a night out and a invite to your engagement party..... Tell them to stop it as ain't interested in getting engaged at the present moment.

And just ignore them as well.
Reply 3
When are you getting engaged tho?
Original post by 2022 g
When are you getting engaged tho?

Not planned anything yet or given it consideration honesty.
People want the best for you and people love weddings, so of course they will ask sometimes. You just have to laugh it off and say you have no plans to get engaged or married yet. How old are you?
Original post by asif007
People want the best for you and people love weddings, so of course they will ask sometimes. You just have to laugh it off and say you have no plans to get engaged or married yet. How old are you?

I’m 25, partner is 21. So we’re both quite young

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending