The Student Room Group

Is she lying?

So me and my now ex girlfriend would use Snapchat to text. After an argument she deleted her account. 3 weeks goes by and I see her at work. We kiss and flirt, and agree to take things slow at rekindling.

She adds me on her new Snapchat account which she had shown me at work, it had no friends and she vowed she didn’t intend on adding anyone, and that I’d be her only friend on the app. When I accepted her friend request her snap score was 0. A day later, her score increased by 3, and then the next day it went up to 6, then 7 (yeah, I’ve been monitoring it). Me and her have not been sending each other snap chats bear in mind. When I called her I asked, “so am I exclusively your only friend on Snapchat?” To which she replied with yes. I told her I don’t believe her since her score was gradually increasing, and she claimed she didn’t know why that was happening. She then sent me a screenshot of her chat and friends list which shown only me as a friend. She sent this screenshot quite promptly too, leaning me into believing her.

Her snap score continued to grow throughout the day gradually to where now it’s now at 13. Almost everyone tells me snapchat’s score only increases when you send and receive snaps, hence why I believe she’s actually lying to me. To claim you have no friends other than myself on the app whilst your score gradually increases, and we aren’t actively snap chatting each other? I don’t know.
Stop talking to each other
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my now ex girlfriend would use Snapchat to text. After an argument she deleted her account. 3 weeks goes by and I see her at work. We kiss and flirt, and agree to take things slow at rekindling.

She adds me on her new Snapchat account which she had shown me at work, it had no friends and she vowed she didn’t intend on adding anyone, and that I’d be her only friend on the app. When I accepted her friend request her snap score was 0. A day later, her score increased by 3, and then the next day it went up to 6, then 7 (yeah, I’ve been monitoring it). Me and her have not been sending each other snap chats bear in mind. When I called her I asked, “so am I exclusively your only friend on Snapchat?” To which she replied with yes. I told her I don’t believe her since her score was gradually increasing, and she claimed she didn’t know why that was happening. She then sent me a screenshot of her chat and friends list which shown only me as a friend. She sent this screenshot quite promptly too, leaning me into believing her.

Her snap score continued to grow throughout the day gradually to where now it’s now at 13. Almost everyone tells me snapchat’s score only increases when you send and receive snaps, hence why I believe she’s actually lying to me. To claim you have no friends other than myself on the app whilst your score gradually increases, and we aren’t actively snap chatting each other? I don’t know.

Why stalk snap scores?

Why do you care so much about snap scores? That's just weird.
Reply 4
She can have friends.

She’s your ex she has the ability to do whatever she likes give her, her personal space and get over her. Because she’s over you.
Reply 6
Mate what are you doing?
Runing your relationship over snap scores, shame! Give her freedom aswell, whats wrONg with you?
If you go into a relationship, you should be able to give your full trust
(edited 1 year ago)
ask her y shes lying . or do some thinkin . any prev incidents which may have lead 2 her thinking that she should lie 2 u about having no friends ??

Original post by COMP23
Mate what are you doing?
Runing your relationship over snap scores, shame! Give her freedom aswell, whats wrONg with you?
If you go into a relationship, you should be able to give your full trust

One of the major dealbreakers overthinking.

Ex for a reason. She deleted her entire Snapchat account, so why do you expect to be the only person she's allowed to talk to on that platform? Especially when you aren't even together? If I were her, you'd already be blocked. Stop controlling her.
Reply 10

Is she not allowed Snapchat friends?
Just leave each other alone and you definitely need to find someone else - this will only end in tears. You are both already arguing after so little time together. You don't sound like a good match.

You cannot control or make someone change if you don't like them or fear they are not being totally 'faithful' - You have to trust your girlfriend and allow her time and space. In return she should do the same. You should both be comfortable with each other and not be checking up or stalking your partner all the time to check up on her.

You need to choose, choose someone who is open, honest and good fun and someone who is not using Snapchat as the way to communicate. Remember neither of you hold the moral high ground and you should both care about each other and think how they would feel. No one likes being pigeon holed or corralled into a place because of someone's insecurities. You could be right, she might be contacting everyone she wants to, and yes she might be prospecting for other partners. Know that your girlfriend this time is not the right one for you. Move on and make your own space and own life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending