The Student Room Group

Simple harmonic motion

I've just completed this question but don't have a mark scheme for it, if anyone has time could you take a look and see if I've done it correctly.
Reply 1
1656177348164627161996422280193.jpg
Reply 2
16561773912668525323743889068691.jpg
Looks ok.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mqb2766
Looks ok.

just wanted to check i hadn't made any errors, for some reason the provided mark scheme omitted this question
Original post by Skiwi
just wanted to check i hadn't made any errors, for some reason the provided mark scheme omitted this question

Actually, the last part might be. Looks like youve calculated the 4 end intervals, rather than the 2 center intervals? You want it to be less than 0.1 from 0 (the center).
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Original post by mqb2766
Actually, the last part might be. Looks like youve calculated the 4 end intervals, rather than the 2 center intervals? You want it to be less than 0.1 from 0 (the center).

I thought that was what i had done, by modelling the displacement as sin(wt), i found the time taken for the particle to move from a displacement of 0 to a displacement of 0.1. And then multiplied by 4 because it would cross this region 4 times in an oscillations
Original post by Skiwi
I thought that was what i had done, by modelling the displacement as sin(wt), i found the time taken for the particle to move from a displacement of 0 to a displacement of 0.1. And then multiplied by 4 because it would cross this region 4 times in an oscillations

No youre correct. Down with a lurg so making stoopid mistakes like this.

Quick Reply

Latest