The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Is Newcastle University a good university?

Is Newcastle University still a good university in 2022?
i mean depends what you mean by good? it is a russel group so i assume people would see it as a good uni but you have to think about how they teach the course your doing and if its right for you.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Is Newcastle University still a good university in 2022?

Good for what?
What is your definition of a good university?
Job prospect. Prestige. Working at big companies like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, EY, BCG, Bank of England or Accenture etc...

Original post by gdunne42
Good for what?
What is your definition of a good university?
Have you checked the newest university rankings? That might help to see if Newcastle is the uni for you!
Original post by sickofthis
Have you checked the newest university rankings? That might help to see if Newcastle is the uni for you!

Yeah, I did. In previous years it used to be about 22-26, but in the last two years it is down to 36/37. Just wondering why.
Reply 6
I guess it depends on what course you're doing and what professional accreditation it has. In terms of relevant rankings for myself Newcastle has went up 10 places in terms of research (122nd in the QS World Ranking 2023).
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, I did. In previous years it used to be about 22-26, but in the last two years it is down to 36/37. Just wondering why.

buddy, KCL for multiple years in multiple domestic league tables was in the 40s - 50s. Same for QM. These schools enjoy a much better international repute and often suffer domestically because, inter alia, of Student Satisfaction.

Prestige is reserved for Golden Triangle Unis. Newcastle is still in the Very Good of Unis. The name of your institution does not guarantee you anything. Oxbridge grads aren't guaranteed Goldman Sachs grad positions. Your prospects will be based solely on the merits of your character.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending