The Student Room Group

Relationship advice needed

Okay so, I’ve been dating my boyfriend for 2 years and I recently I asked him for some help on picking my nails for Harry styles concert, he sent me some pics of them and that was that.

we met up on Tuesday and I went through his phone, on his camera roll he had a picture saved of a girl, not in a bikini or naked etc

he had it saved from Pinterest, his search history was all to do with nail acrylics by the way. The girl was sat down in a dress and her hand on her forehead.

He said he understands that’s disrespectful and he apologised, do you think I should give him a final chance, he’s not cheated or done anything like that.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Any advice?
???
You sound immature.
Original post by hungrysalamander
You sound immature.

right, but I’m asking should I give him a final chance? I know it’s Pinterest but he saved a pic to camera roll

am I just overthinking?
you’re being way out of order, he saved the picture to try to help you pick some nails. it’s not even disrespectful, so you are overreacting massively.
Original post by Anonymous
right, but I’m asking should I give him a final chance? I know it’s Pinterest but he saved a pic to camera roll

am I just overthinking?

It was a picture related to your nails, that you asked him to search for. He’s obviously saved it to his camera roll to show you about the very thing you asked him to do. This is much easier than navigating the very un-user friendly Pintrest to find what you wanted him to look at again.

Yes you are overthinking and overreacting. Your boyfriend was trying to help you and you’ve turned it into something it isn’t. If I were your boyfriend I’d be upset about your reaction tbh. You don’t need to give him a ‘final chance’, there’s no way this should count as a chance for anything. He was trying to do a nice thing for you.
(edited 1 year ago)
you’re being way out of order, he saved the picture to try to help you pick some nails. it’s not even disrespectful, so you are overreacting massively.

Yea but it was a pic of a girl in a dress sat down, okay she had acrylics on but I thought he’d send me pics of actual hands…
Okay so, I’ve been dating my boyfriend for 2 years and I recently I asked him for some help on picking my nails for Harry styles concert, he sent me some pics of them and that was that.

we met up on Tuesday and I went through his phone, on his camera roll he had a picture saved of a girl, not in a bikini or naked etc

he had it saved from Pinterest, his search history was all to do with nail acrylics by the way. The girl was sat down in a dress and her hand on her forehead.

He said he understands that’s disrespectful and he apologised, do you think I should give him a final chance, he’s not cheated or done anything like that.

Thanks

bro he was just tryna help pick ur nails .........
Yea but it was a pic of a girl in a dress sat down, okay she had acrylics on but I thought he’d send me pics of actual hands…

he saved the picture with the intention of showing you HER HANDS WITH THE NAILS. the fact you even went through his phone in the first place is a red flag in itself, and your reaction to it is also a red flag. he deserves an apology from you

So he’s also supposed to read your mind too? It was a picture to help you with your nails, if you didn’t specify exactly why you wanted (just hands and nothing else in the pictures at all), he has done whatever any other person would do, “Oh my girlfriend might like this girl’s nails, I’ll save this picture so I can show her later, her nails look cool, my girlfriend might really like them. I like putting effort into my relationship!”.
(edited 1 year ago)
he saved the picture with the intention of showing you HER HANDS WITH THE NAILS. the fact you even went through his phone in the first place is a red flag in itself, and your reaction to it is also a red flag. he deserves an apology from you

yeah exactly... like why were u looking through his phone in the first place
Original post by Mintkoala
It was a picture related to your nails, that you asked him to search for. He’s obviously saved it to his camera roll to show you about the very thing you asked him to do. This is much easier than navigating the very un-user friendly Pintrest to find what you wanted him to look at again.

Yes you are overthinking and overreacting. Your boyfriend was trying to help you and you’ve turned it into something it isn’t. If I were your boyfriend I’d be upset about your reaction tbh. You don’t need to give him a ‘final chance’, there’s no way this should count as a chance for anything. He was trying to do a nice thing for you.

But it was a picture of a girl in a yellow dress sat down, with hand had over her forhead.

I thought it’s disrespectful as it’s a girl and not a HAND.
But it was a picture of a girl in a yellow dress sat down, with hand had over her forhead.

Read the other post I made where I also quoted you. If I were your boyfriend I’d be considering breaking up with you at this point. There’s clearly some trust issues here and I probably wouldn’t be able to carry on a relationship like that, where I couldn’t be trusted while doing something nice for my girlfriend.
(edited 1 year ago)
So he’s also supposed to read your mind too? It was a picture to help you with your nails, if you didn’t specify exactly why you wanted (just hands and nothing else in the pictures at all), he has done whatever any other person would do, “Oh my girlfriend might like this girl’s nails, I’ll save this picture so I can show her later, her nails look cool, my girlfriend might really like them. I like putting effort into my relationship!”.

but don’t you think it’s weird to save a pic of a girl… if your in a relationship. I get that she wasn’t naked or in a bikini but still
but don’t you think it’s weird to save a pic of a girl… if your in a relationship. I get that she wasn’t naked or in a bikini but still

ur overthinking it babes
Read the other post I made where I also quoted you. If I were your boyfriend I’d be considering breaking up with you at this point, there’s clearly some trust issues here and I wouldn’t be able to carry on a relationship like that, where I couldn’t be trusted while doing something nice for my girlfriend.

so he should break up up with me because I got annoyed at he saved a pic from Pinterest… I asked for acrylics

no, it’s not weird, disrespectful or anything like that. he was trying to help you find some nails. he deserves better

No, it's not disrespectful at all. He was trying to help you.

I think you should rethink whether you are mature enough for a relationship. You sound a bit insecure.
I don’t believe he’s done anything wrong. At least he’s apologised, these things do sometimes happen and at least it was a fully clothed girl. I’m guessing he just found her attractive.

Quick Reply