The Student Room Group

wasted time

I was a person who never ever wasted time, not even a single day. But I ended up wasting two years of my life and now I keep on regretting all the time. is it my mistake or was it just meant to happen? :frown:
I'm sure it wasn't your mistake, maybe you needed a break. I think the most important thing to do now is to focus on your current/future goals, if you have any. I'm not sure if that was helpful in any way.
Original post by Anonymous
I was a person who never ever wasted time, not even a single day. But I ended up wasting two years of my life and now I keep on regretting all the time. is it my mistake or was it just meant to happen? :frown:

I am sure that over the two years you have learned and grown, so it’s not time that’s been wasted. I’m guessing you’ve been in a relationship that’s ended. When I was in the same position, it meant that when I moved on and met someone new, I knew what I wanted and what was important to me so my next relationship was better.
the worst thing is it was nothing like a break .. I have been most stressful during these two years in my life
I'm sure it wasn't your mistake, maybe you needed a break. I think the most important thing to do now is to focus on your current/future goals, if you have any. I'm not sure if that was helpful in any way.
(Original post by Anonymous)the worst thing is it was nothing like a break .. I have been most stressful during these two years in my life

Do you still feel stressed?
yes now I m stressed all the time thinking abt the wasted time .... all the time thinking that what if I did this and not that etc etc in short regretting over the past...I never thought that ill ever waste two years and if I ever thought of taking a break my goal was to improve my communication skills in that time but I have done nothing as such, not even enjoyed the time.
(Original post by Anonymous)the worst thing is it was nothing like a break .. I have been most stressful during these two years in my life

Do you still feel stressed?
yea also relationship but mainly just took very wrong decisions which I thought would be beneficial but they ended up being wastage of time
Original post by AnnaBananana
I am sure that over the two years you have learned and grown, so it’s not time that’s been wasted. I’m guessing you’ve been in a relationship that’s ended. When I was in the same position, it meant that when I moved on and met someone new, I knew what I wanted and what was important to me so my next relationship was better.
yes now I m stressed all the time thinking abt the wasted time .... all the time thinking that what if I did this and not that etc etc in short regretting over the past...I never thought that ill ever waste two years and if I ever thought of taking a break my goal was to improve my communication skills in that time but I have done nothing as such, not even enjoyed the time.

May I ask do you still want to improve your communication skills or do you have different goals in mind?
obviously I want to but I have other goals too so idk if I will be able to achieve that
May I ask do you still want to improve your communication skills or do you have different goals in mind?
I really feel you. I'm not seeking company in misery but I also wasted literally 2 years of my life in the most stressful way possible and I'm really regretting all of my bad decisions. Do you feel further away from your goals right now? What I'm trying to do is just to literally focus on the next step towards my priorities.
It’s tough being in your twenties and late teens regarding relationships and time. Bear in mind that 2 years is a large chunk of your life up to this point but in the grand scheme of things it’s nothing. This period of your life is going to be turbulent and full of ups and downs so it’s good to get used to it sooner
Every mistake provides access to useful life experience and opportunities to avoid making the same mistake again or help others avoid it.
I believe that everything happens for a reason.
I remember hearing a saying that there's no such thing as mistakes, only lessons.
By making mistakes we have a choice to learn from them so we don't fall into the same trap again.
Be free of the consciousness of your mistake by making sure you never do it or them again.
Hey,

I just wanted to say you’re not alone. I also feel like the last two years have been my least productive. It’s okay though, maybe things pan out in a certain way for a reason.

Perhaps you’ve encountered situations and met new people who have changed your outlook on your future plans or goals- this can be a good thing.
Sometimes I think we need a little bit of time to properly evaluate our own situations and circumstances.

No doubt you have matured over the last two years, so hopefully you understand that we can only move one way and that is forwards.
The more you think about the time that has passed the more time you are wasting, and I know it’s easier said than done and am not judging you at all as I mentioned I have struggled too, which is why I really hope that you can move past this phase in your life.

Ask yourself, where am I now? What do I want next? How will I utilise what I already have?

You’ll be okay, just have some faith in yourself and believe that this feeling won’t last forever.
Your thoughts are only as power as you allow them to be (again, not easy to let go off either, but try)

I hope that my words helped a little and also knowing that you’re not the only one to feel this way. Two years is a long time, but we can’t go back, so no point regretting.

Feel free to pm if you’d ever like to talk or even vent.

Take care and believe in yourself!
You’ve got this:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending