The Student Room Group

T-levels

Would be great to hear the experience of someone doing T-levels (any subject area, as busy as I know you must be?

Thanks.
Original post by acupuncture2022
Would be great to hear the experience of someone doing T-levels (any subject area, as busy as I know you must be?

Thanks.

Hi there.

@Schotel could help. :smile:

Best wishes. :smile:

Thanks.

Thanks for the tag @TriplexA :smile:

There are a range of T-Levels available, so I can only speak on behalf of the T-Level Digital course which I have taken for the past two years.

The T-Level will become more mainstream in the future as BTECs will be eventually defunded, decommissioned and no longer valued to an extent.

T-Levels give you the opportunity of a work placement related to the related field you wish to enter, though usually this placement is not paid, those who are eligible can claim for a Placement Bursary in which travel costs are covered.

I had my work placement at an IT Marketing company, for 45 days, they have now employed me, and before uni I should have an extra £2k-3k as I’m being paid £10/hour which is quite good for 17.

Also after placement you can request a reference from the employer, and this can be included as experience on your CV. If this is a field you wish to stay in - you don’t have to go to university and can remain in the occupation, straight from college.

Ultimately, it was the correct and right decision for me to make, and I don’t regret it. If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask.
Thank you for sharing that information, really useful. Was/is the classroom theory very much about what you apply in the work placement (broadly speaking)? I assume its meant to, but even then.
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you for sharing that information, really useful. Was/is the classroom theory very much about what you apply in the work placement (broadly speaking)? I assume its meant to, but even then.

The work in class is a basis on everything to do with the T-Level chosen, somethings may relate to the placement, and should do. But usually the theory prepares you for the year 12 written exam. :smile: and in year 13 there is usually a project which you are graded on.
(edited 1 year ago)
Really useful mate.Thanks a lot.Kind regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending