The Student Room Group

How will this be marked?

In an exam I spent about half of my third paragraph speaking about contextual knowledge outside of the set time period of the question. How much will this affected the mark I get for the essay? To put it into context the things I was mentioning wasn’t too far away from the question (a few years or so), I feel quite confident the rest of the essay was well written (I hadn’t made the mistake elsewhere), I had written quite a lot (5-6 pages) and I managed to conclude. I get that it would get anywhere near top marks for this reason but how bad would it be for this essay as a whole? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Original post by sickofthis
In an exam I spent about half of my third paragraph speaking about contextual knowledge outside of the set time period of the question. How much will this affected the mark I get for the essay? To put it into context the things I was mentioning wasn’t too far away from the question (a few years or so), I feel quite confident the rest of the essay was well written (I hadn’t made the mistake elsewhere), I had written quite a lot (5-6 pages) and I managed to conclude. I get that it would get anywhere near top marks for this reason but how bad would it be for this essay as a whole? Any advice would be much appreciated.

for which subject? was it GCSE or A-level? I'm sure it will be okay as long as it supports the points you made, made sense, and the info is correct :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by languagestudent0
for which subject? was it GCSE or A-level? I'm sure it will be okay as long as it supports the points you made, made sense, and the info is correct :smile:

History, A level , I mean the rest of the answer is good and completed to say the least. I just messed up that bit and was worried how much it would affect the overall mark for that essay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending