The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan minimum rather than maximum

Hello,
When I looked at student finance last week, I saw that the maintenance loan I had been given is the minimum of £4524, rather than the maximum of £9702 that I should get based off my mum's income. The status of the loan is also 'indicative', which confused me further.
Does it say £4524 for now, because student finance has not done the household income assessment yet?
My mother was asked for evidence of her marital status being separated/living alone, so perhaps this has delayed the household income assessment?

Thanks,
Mykel.
(edited 1 year ago)
When did your mum provide her income information and proof of single status?
The household income assessment usually takes 6-8 weeks after all the information and evidence is provided.
Original post by Mykelg
Hello,
When I looked at student finance last week, I saw that the maintenance loan I had been given is the minimum of £4524, rather than the maximum of £9702 that I should get based off my mum's income. The status of the loan is also 'indicative', which confused me further.
Does it say £4524 for now, because student finance has not done the household income assessment yet?
My mother was asked for evidence of her marital status being separated/living alone, so perhaps this has delayed the household income assessment?

Thanks,
Mykel.

Hello Mykel,

We require the marital status evidence to income assess your application, it would be great if you could send this. It’s currently taking around 19 working days to process evidence.
The workflow we provide is an expected date; the dates can fluctuate depending on the volume of applications and evidence received.
For undergraduate students, 'indicative' means that it's more than 40 days before the course start date, this will update closer to you commencing the course.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 3
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello Mykel,

We require the marital status evidence to income assess your application, it would be great if you could send this. It’s currently taking around 19 working days to process evidence.
The workflow we provide is an expected date; the dates can fluctuate depending on the volume of applications and evidence received.
For undergraduate students, 'indicative' means that it's more than 40 days before the course start date, this will update closer to you commencing the course.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Hello Lynsey,
Thank you a lot for the quick reply, it has cleared up all my confusions. I will make sure my mum sends off her evidence as quick as possible.

Thanks,
Mykel.
Original post by Mykelg
Hello Lynsey,
Thank you a lot for the quick reply, it has cleared up all my confusions. I will make sure my mum sends off her evidence as quick as possible.

Thanks,
Mykel.

Hello Mykel,

That would be great, we can the income assess your funding.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending