The Student Room Group

The Manchester United Thread XXIII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Even ETH can't sort this squad out if we don't get a new mid field, that's what upset the forwards.
Even the best craftsman needs the right tools.
Reply 781
Lmao you're stating the obvious.

Imagine buying those attacking players at the start of the season and having your supply lines be Fred and Mcdonalds.

Also why has Mata been used so incorrectly over the years man. Made absolutely zero sense how misused this guy is when his game literally does not rely on pace. The Rooney problem screwed him and Kagawa and Mkhitaryan over.
(edited 1 year ago)
I see another false dawn has started at Man Utd :colondollar:
Pogba confirmed leaving on a free.

He left on a free in July 2012. Man Utd then paid €105 million to sign him back just 4 years later.

Not sure how to describe Pogba's 6 year stint at Man Utd but I think most would say underwhelming. And now he's leaving on a free, possibly to Juventus again.

Maybe Man Utd can buy him in a couple of summers for an obscene amount again? :rofl:
Reply 784
Juventus Pogba was so good, then he went to united but when he leaves again at the end of this month they will sign him back for 140 million in 3 years time
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 785
the Board have arranged a holiday for Ten, not his first choice obviously . . .
Cleethorpes
(edited 1 year ago)
Big big big L to take lads.

Darwin Núñez coming to Liverpool on a £96k a week contract.

You lot offered him £300k per week.

Núñez e rojo!
Original post by Barbu
Big big big L to take lads.

Darwin Núñez coming to Liverpool on a £96k a week contract.

You lot offered him £300k per week.

Núñez e rojo!

What I would say is that Liverpool give lower base guaranteed wages (especially to new signings) but do add in bonuses and if a player does well, he gets a new contract within 1-2 years.

But also why would you want to sign for a non-CL club?
Has any young player improved at Man Utd in the last 2-3 seasons?

Henderson - went from great loan at Sheffield Utd to some games at Man Utd to basically nothing last season
Rashford - went from golden ball to can't kick the ball in the goal
Sacho - one of Dortmund's best players to awful at Man Utd after big money move
Greenwood - jail
Reply 789
Original post by Zerforax

Henderson - went from great loan at Sheffield Utd to some games at Man Utd to basically nothing last season
Greenwood - jail

Has any player.

I can only think of Bruno Fernandes.

Greenwood - jail

Now we loaning Dean Henderson again instead of selling for cash
Reply 791
Original post by bj27
Has any player.

Naa, he's gone down hill
Original post by bj27
Has any player.

He looked amazing for about a year after he signed? And then went downhill and now has become a petulant waste of space. Not sure how it unravelled so fast.
Original post by TiredTiger1234
Now we loaning Dean Henderson again instead of selling for cash

So bizarre but I guess Forest are a PL club so would get valuable experience. DDG is still only 31 so he's not going anywhere any time soon.. Dunno why Henderson signed a new contract at Man Utd.
Reply 793
He looked amazing for about a year after he signed? And then went downhill and now has become a petulant waste of space. Not sure how it unravelled so fast.

So bizarre but I guess Forest are a PL club so would get valuable experience. DDG is still only 31 so he's not going anywhere any time soon.. Dunno why Henderson signed a new contract at Man Utd.

You can attribute it to a bad overall season for United. Only people who maintained high levels this season we're Ronaldo and De Gea, maybe Fred but going from **** to decent doesn't mean much.

Even with Ronaldo this has been his lowest scoring season since he left United the first time. Bruno probably like with Pogba is annoyed he plays with shitbags and gets blamed whenever they're not doing well while guys like McTominay get away with ****.

I think greenwood going to jail killed their season too.
(edited 1 year ago)
Looks like Frenkie is finally close to getting over the line. Hopefully the first of many.
Reply 795
If Frankie joins his old mate Ten . . .
The year is 2040. Manchester United are closing in on the signing of De Jong.
ETH becomes the fifth permanent manager to try to restore United to something like the club they were when Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013.

Not expecting miracles in ETH's first season so that will be a decade at the end of this season.
Reply 798
Appointment is a waste of time.

Don't even see you guys getting top 4 but I guess Spurs or Chelsea are at risk, maybe Liverpool if Nunez doesn't fire(although Jota and Firmino is enough firepower as a contingency plan). Even then you need signings and a style of play that utilises those signings. Couple that with Thursday football. Not looking good.

Also pretty sure the buy Dutch league players experiment was done already by you guys.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by bj27
Appointment is a waste of time.

Don't even see you guys getting top 4 but I guess Spurs or Chelsea are at risk, maybe Liverpool if Nunez doesn't fire(although Jota and Firmino is enough firepower as a contingency plan). Even then you need signings and a style of play that utilises those signings. Couple that with Thursday football. Not looking good.

Also pretty sure the buy Dutch league players experiment was done already by you guys.

Yes tried that Dutch experiment with LVG :rofl:

Next they'll be appointing Moyes again..

Quick Reply

Latest